Hinsdale, IL
kudos:10
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast
reply to hyelton

Re: Internet Issues

I have an excellent post regarding temperature, network congestion, use of quality cabling and splitters/taps...if needed. Check it out:
»[Speed] Problem with Downstream on MACH20 in Chicago

and if you want to read what I researched and found as an installer myself, check this out:
»Re: [Speed] Problem with Downstream on MACH20 in Chicago
--
Bill - Hattiesburg, MS - »www.billhamel.net

hyelton

join:2008-02-29
Rutherfordton, NC

Oh bealive me its not Overcrowded here haha. Small Town 75% of the people are on cruddy DSL cause they dont know the difference. and in my ENTIRE country I use the Most Bandwidth than any home here (They showed me their system and I was the TOP user) haha. I avg about 300-400 gigs a month. (I do have about 25 devices connected) And everyone elses average in this area is about 20GB a month. lol. and Some are around 5GB a month.

astroturf

join:2012-04-07

In their website it says "Internet services limited to 250 GB per month. Monthly usage in excess of limit may result in excess data transfer fee of $20.00"

I've gone over 250GB a few times and never have been charged the $20. Have they ever charged you for it?

hyelton

join:2008-02-29
Rutherfordton, NC

NOPE haha never been charged. I think that applyied to there 12meg service but I still never seen it

TheTechGuru

join:2004-03-25
TEXAS
kudos:2
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
·WesTex Connect
reply to hyelton

said by hyelton:

Oh bealive me its not Overcrowded here haha. Small Town 75% of the people are on cruddy DSL cause they dont know the difference. and in my ENTIRE country I use the Most Bandwidth than any home here (They showed me their system and I was the TOP user) haha. I avg about 300-400 gigs a month. (I do have about 25 devices connected) And everyone elses average in this area is about 20GB a month. lol. and Some are around 5GB a month.

Yep, same here, I'm the only house connected to the tap serving the section. Next tap down I think has just one connected to it also. All the SSID's I see on Wifi are all defaults of DSL modems.

3mbps is the max DSL speed available in this area of town.

--
CompTIA Network+ Certified

astroturf

join:2012-04-07

The tap at my house only has 2 ports on it and I'm the only one connected to it. They seem to have them at almost every house.

Around half the SSIDs I see here are DSL. DSL here was recently upgraded to 6 or 12mbps but everyone I've seen with DSL only has 3.

TheTechGuru

join:2004-03-25
TEXAS
kudos:2
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
·WesTex Connect

said by astroturf:

The tap at my house only has 2 ports on it and I'm the only one connected to it. They seem to have them at almost every house.

Around half the SSIDs I see here are DSL. DSL here was recently upgraded to 6 or 12mbps but everyone I've seen with DSL only has 3.

Each tap here covers 4 houses, most of the drops are still hanging, just none connected. Every house on the street has a satellite on it, Northland's HDTV offerings are a joke.
--
CompTIA Network+ Certified