how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Thatlife

join:2013-02-05
Palm Harbor, FL

[TV] If I could get a different cable provider I would

I've had Brighthouse at my condo for about 7 years. They started off by screwing up the billing information and putting it in my roommates name and not mine. And if I change it to mine, I lose all the grandfathered items I have. It's BS, but whatever. Since then I have had nothing but problems with Brighthouse. I can't even tell you how many boxes I have been through. Easily 10-15. 2-3 routers as well. I was told by a tech the cabeling in my area is not the best and there's a lot of problems there. These are the wonderful issues I have on a regular basis:
Cable lags, menu lags, controller lags.
Box reboots for no reason.
Box freezes for no reason.
DVR is a joke. Sometimes if I'm watching 2 shows on the SAME channel it won't let me change to another channel.
Certain channels just stop working. You go to them and the screen is black. Have to reset the box all the time because of this.
Cable gets choppy all the time, especially during the good parts of shows and movies lol.

If it was my choice I would Verizon or Direct TV, but Verizon is not offered in my neighborhood and with all the technology out Direct TV has figured out how to shoot signals through trees. I'm stuck with Brighthouse and have no choice. They're horrible. I will say that their customer service is great, but it has to be with all the complaints they get.

PS Please no one tell me swap out the box because this stuff has happened with EVERY box.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148

Hey lets start by opening a direct forums thread so I can get a better handle on whats going on, copy just the title of this thread and include your IP address and I will be in touch and we'll get to the bottom of it...

Thanks

Barb5

join:2013-03-09
Land O Lakes, FL

Re: [TV] If I could get a different cable provider I would/Tampa

I don't know if I'm doing this right, but I could rewrite the following post verbatim....I am so disgusted with having to constantly change Brighthouse boxes, reprogram, lose DVR's programs, having to reboot often, etc....I get new boxes so often that I'm becoming friends with the Brighthouse servicepeople.

They all assure me there is nothing I can do and that the boxes Brighthouse uses are remanufactured and awful quality. I hate to change to Direct TV or Verizon due to inconvenience, but I'm at the end of my rope!

Any advice appreciated.
Barbara in Tampa area

I've had brighthouse at my condo for about 7 years. They started off by screwing up the billing information and putting it in my roommates name and not mine. And if I change it to mine, I lose all the grandfathered items I have. It's BS, but whatever. Since then I have had nothing but problems with brighthouse. I can't even tell you how many boxes I have been through. Easily 10-15. 2-3 routers as well. I was told by a tech the cabeling in my area is not the best and there's a lot of problems there. These are the wonderful issues I have on a regular basis:
box reboots for no reason.
box freezes for no reason.
DVR is a joke. Sometimes if I'm watching 2 shows on the SAME channel it won't let me change to another channel.
Certain channels just stop working. You go to them and the screen is black. Have to reset the box all the time because of this.
Cable gets choppy all the time, especially during the good parts of shows and movies lol.

If it was my choice I would Verizon or Direct TV, but Verizon is not offered in my neighborhood and with all the technology out Direct TV has figured out how to shoot signals through trees. I'm stuck with brighthouse and have no choice. They're horrible. I will say that their customer service is great, but it has to be with all the complaints they get.

PS Please no one tell me swap out the box because this stuff has happened with EVERY box.
to forum · permalink · 2013-02-05 12:50:36 ·

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:72
Hey lets start by opening a direct forums thread so I can get a better handle on whats going on, copy just the title of this thread and include your IP address and I will be in touch and we'll get to the bottom of it...

Thanks

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Barb5:

I don't know if I'm doing this right, but I could rewrite the following post verbatim....I am so disgusted with having to constantly change Brighthouse boxes, reprogram, lose DVR's programs, having to reboot often, etc....I get new boxes so often that I'm becoming friends with the Brighthouse servicepeople.

They all assure me there is nothing I can do and that the boxes Brighthouse uses are remanufactured and awful quality. I hate to change to Direct TV or Verizon due to inconvenience, but I'm at the end of my rope!

Any advice appreciated.
Barbara in Tampa area

I've had brighthouse at my condo for about 7 years. They started off by screwing up the billing information and putting it in my roommates name and not mine. And if I change it to mine, I lose all the grandfathered items I have. It's BS, but whatever. Since then I have had nothing but problems with brighthouse. I can't even tell you how many boxes I have been through. Easily 10-15. 2-3 routers as well. I was told by a tech the cabeling in my area is not the best and there's a lot of problems there. These are the wonderful issues I have on a regular basis:
box reboots for no reason.
box freezes for no reason.

If it was my choice I would Verizon or Direct TV, but Verizon is not offered in my neighborhood and with all the technology out Direct TV has figured out how to shoot signals through trees. I'm stuck with brighthouse and have no choice. They're horrible. I will say that their customer service is great, but it has to be with all the complaints they get.

to forum · permalink · 2013-02-05 12:50:36 ·

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:72

Thanks

Please post here »Bright House Networks Direct include your IP address so I can pull your account and equipment data and I will be in touch.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Thatlife

Re: [TV] If I could get a different cable provider I would

said by Thatlife:

I've had Brighthouse at my condo for about 7 years. They started off by screwing up the billing information and putting it in my roommates name and not mine. And if I change it to mine, I lose all the grandfathered items I have. It's BS, but whatever. Since then I have had nothing but problems with Brighthouse. I can't even tell you how many boxes I have been through. Easily 10-15. 2-3 routers as well. I was told by a tech the cabeling in my area is not the best and there's a lot of problems there. These are the wonderful issues I have on a regular basis:
Box reboots for no reason.
Box freezes for no reason.

If it was my choice I would Verizon or Direct TV, but Verizon is not offered in my neighborhood and with all the technology out Direct TV has figured out how to shoot signals through trees. I'm stuck with Brighthouse and have no choice. They're horrible. I will say that their customer service is great, but it has to be with all the complaints they get.

I still haven't heard from you. Would like to help so please post here »Bright House Networks Direct with your IP address and I will be in touch.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

DanG1974

join:2005-06-26
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:1

Gary, just a suggestion for you. Many times you direct people to post in the Direct Forum with their IP address, but sometimes you don't mention where the Direct Forum is. You also have to assume that not everyone knows how to find their IP address.
Perhaps you should modify your signature here with a link to the Direct Forum as well as a link to www.whatismyip.com.
That way you can tell people to refer to your signature so that you can assist them quicker.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Thatlife

You are the second person to make a similar suggestion in as many days....I will come up with something by tomorrow to add to each post....thanks.

Keiro

join:2005-10-25
Bakersfield, CA
kudos:1

said by BHNtechXpert:

You are the second person to make a similar suggestion in as many days....I will come up with something by tomorrow to add to each post....thanks.

Me being the first... or so I'd like to think. :P

In fact, I have a StikyNote on my desktop with the code for the URL to both ready at hand to post at need, now.
--
Wanderer of the Stars...

Heimkoma Services and EidolonHost

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL
reply to DanG1974

said by DanG1974:

Gary, just a suggestion for you. Many times you direct people to post in the Direct Forum with their IP address, but sometimes you don't mention where the Direct Forum is. You also have to assume that not everyone knows how to find their IP address.
Perhaps you should modify your signature here with a link to the Direct Forum as well as a link to www.whatismyip.com.
That way you can tell people to refer to your signature so that you can assist them quicker.

I believe you can also give him your BHN Account # and he can look up the pertinent information that way.... I think... and you know what happens when you think..
--
"F is for Fire that burns down the whole town...
U is for Uranium...... Bombs...
N is for NO SURVIVORS!!!!!" Sheldon Plankton

Keep Calm and Carry On

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by neonhomer:

said by DanG1974:

I believe you can also give him your BHN Account # and he can look up the pertinent information that way.... I think... and you know what happens when you think..

Nope I want IP or modem MAC only unless I call you directly (phone numbers are okay if deleted after a short time) but generally I want nothing that can be used to ID your account by just anyone. I can pull what I need from just the IP or MAC...
--

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

said by BHNtechXpert:

Nope .

Like I said.... "I think..."

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Thatlife

Drill srgnt

@bhn.net
reply to Thatlife

I have been down that road with Bright House. If the wires in the walls are bad and need to be replaced good luck. Bright House will not touch them with out authorization form the property manager. Since in most condo and apartments the tenant is only responsible from the drywall to the inside the unit, the property manager is not going to spend the money to pay Bright House to rewire the building. The property manager will likely tell you some lame excuse until your lease is up and you move out. This way its a new tenant with the same problem and the cycle continues.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Drill srgnt :

I have been down that road with Bright House. If the wires in the walls are bad and need to be replaced good luck. Bright House will not touch them with out authorization form the property manager. Since in most condo and apartments the tenant is only responsible from the drywall to the inside the unit, the property manager is not going to spend the money to pay Bright House to rewire the building. The property manager will likely tell you some lame excuse until your lease is up and you move out. This way its a new tenant with the same problem and the cycle continues.

We work with property managers all the time to resolve wiring issues in Condo/Apartment buildings and there is no charge to repair this wiring...ever!
--

AnonMan

@comcast.net

When I was in an Apt BH wouldn't do anything to help with the wire issue beyond making sure the port that went through the outside wall to the inside worked.

They kept sending contractors who wouldn't touch it and BH owned techs would appear and say they can't do much. I ended up just running wire under the carpet to get decent cable to my rooms.

So YMMV but in general condos and apt are not great at working with utilities unless the entire building is complaining lol

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by AnonMan :

When I was in an Apt BH wouldn't do anything to help with the wire issue beyond making sure the port that went through the outside wall to the inside worked.

They kept sending contractors who wouldn't touch it and BH owned techs would appear and say they can't do much. I ended up just running wire under the carpet to get decent cable to my rooms.

So YMMV but in general condos and apt are not great at working with utilities unless the entire building is complaining lol

What you are referring to is different than service related issues. You are talking about running cable and building outlets that don't already exist and we have no choice but to require you to obtain an LOP (letter of permission) from your property manager authorizing the install. The reason behind this is you are just a renter and generally not authorized to put holes into walls etc. You can make this process very simple by obtaining the LOP in advance of the install and providing it to the tech...end of story your request will be honored provided you have it in writing.
--

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to AnonMan

said by AnonMan :

What you are referring to is different than service related issues. You are talking about running cable and building outlets that don't already exist and we have no choice but to require you to obtain an LOP (letter of permission) from your property manager authorizing the install. The reason behind this is you are just a renter and generally not authorized to put holes into walls etc. You can make this process very simple by obtaining the LOP in advance of the install and providing it to the tech...end of story your request will be honored provided you have it in writing.
--

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to AnonMan

said by AnonMan :

--