Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Eddy120876

join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY
reply to SunnyD

Re: Trademark issues?

Hey you might be onto something there. Since every company is very protective of their logo,materials,goods and good name. So had soda stream used a generic logo then i guess CBS wouldn't have a problem.

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

They dont need to get their permission. It is Nominative Fair Use and these things are done all the time.

If there wasnt fair use policies in place than even DSLReports would probably be in hot water for using so many registered logos/trademarks for so many different companies while bashing them for being such a failure to society and consumers.

SunnyD

join:2009-03-20
Madison, AL

Problem is, unless I missed it, I didn't see anything in the advert that explicitly stated that SodaStream DID NOT provide ACTUAL Pepsi/Coke products. This could lead to product confusion, meaning SodaStream was implying they were delivering actual Pepsi/Coke, just without the bottles and hence trademark infringement.

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

LOL, interject much?

I guess then the burden is on Pepsi and Coke to prove your implications as I never once watched that commercial and thought they were providing a Coke or Pepsi product of any sort. But then again, I am probably brighter than the average American.

SunnyD

join:2009-03-20
Madison, AL

said by Skippy25:

But then again, I am probably brighter than the average American.

And therein lies the problem. CBS playing morality police or something. Or BFF for advertising dollars. Regardless, I meant what you knew.

Eddy120876

join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY
reply to Skippy25

Well thats the reason why i said maybe thats the reason why CBS might have issues since you know the one that can lose the revenue is them and not coke or pepsi.

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON
reply to Skippy25

Case in point:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwfPJp1KE78