Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

[Weather] Snow Squall watch for Toronto

It is snowing at work right now. But we could get 10 - 15 cm, which of course means snowmageddon in Toronto.

City of Toronto
12:23 PM EST Tuesday 05 February 2013
Snow squall watch for
City of Toronto continued

A snow squall from Northern Georgian Bay may move across the Bayfield Inlet area, affecting locales near highway 69 over the next couple of hours. Local snowfall amounts of 10 cm are possible along with sudden very low to at times nil visibility in bursts of heavy snow. Hazardous winter driving conditions are possible.

A snow squall from Lake Ontario may drift over locales near the lake shore early this afternoon. Web cams from Toronto Island Airport are showing reduced visibility in snow in the area as this snow squall slowly comes ashore.

Local snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm are possible, with the highest amounts likely within a few kilometres of the lakeshore. Visibility may also be reduced to 250 metres or less in bursts of heavy snow. This snowsquall may affect travel on highways 401 and 2 and parts of the gardiner expressway and Don valley parkway in Toronto. Motorists should be prepared for suddenly hazardous driving conditions due to rapidly accumulating snow and very low to possibly nil visibility in bursts of heavy snow. Travel plans should be altered accordingly.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

The lake effect snow was maybe 2-3cm of very fluffy stuff... unless there is something else down the line I don't see this being anything major. But I do see Thursday we have 15cm in the forecast.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON

Right now it is mostly east of the city that is getting it, according to radar.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2

It was done real quick, nothing stuck

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to donoreo

Yeah, all done. I was sort of looking for an excuse to not take the girls to gymnastics tonight.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2

Why doesn't " She who shall be feared" do.It?

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON

said by elwoodblues:

Why doesn't " She who shall be feared" do.It?

She does swimming. It is so hot and humid I hate going so I go to gymnastics. It is not so bad, a few milfy moms there

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8
reply to donoreo

said by donoreo:

we could get 10 - 15 cm, which of course means snowmageddon in Toronto.

Reinterpreting that to where I am, that would account for the 4 flakes of snow that blew off my car when I went out this afternoon.