Search similar:

uniqs

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles

Premium Member

Alright guys I'm thinking...

of coming back. It's been 4 months now and with no other games to occupy my time or looking forward to (at all), I'm wanting to play.

I dont feel the need to play heavy, but honestly the talk of the old raids has inspired me to go at soloing some old raids I hadnt before MoP made it possible. I would also like to go at PvPing again.

So, Im not really feeling to keen about dusting off my rogue as nothing was interesting in his playstyle when I left. So what should I play you think? Im leaning towards my warrior or DK (both are 85 when last I left them).

Opinions gentlemen (and ladies)?

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

I enjoy my War and DK. Hell, I like everything except priests.
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t to Skittles

to Skittles
Go warrior. Too many noob DKs around. Not all DKs are idots, but every idiot has a DK.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Skittles

Premium Member

to Skittles
Warriors are good. They should remain decent after 5.2.

Rogues are terrible. They should be good after 5.2.

The Warrior will be easier to level.

The Rogue will be easier to avoid CRZ ganking... (I would never...)

Come back to WoW.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

I appreciate the input guys and Snuff Im glad you chimed in because I was want ing your opinion about the PvP aspect of both classes.
As Warrior when last played I was Prot/Arms, as DK as was frost/blood. I play both classes reasonably well and enjoyed prot PvP in Cata. Never really did any PvP on my DK other than pick up honor on AV or EotS weekends, but I like their playstyle as well.

So I guess the question is, which do you see doing well (barring any major nerfs) throughout MoP? I dont mind learning a new spec but I want a toon that will be versitle through MoP as I dont see myself having the time or inclination to do the Alt thing in MoP.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Personal observation: I've seen a lot more people excited about their warriors than I have DKs. Frost/Blook dk is fine for pve... but I've not seen them dominate in world PVP like I have warriors. But now I'm off the pvp realm, so my input will quickly become outdated once 5.2 drops.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Skittles

Premium Member

to Skittles
Skittles personally I think the Warrior is the safer choice largely because of comp flexability.

They do well in BG's

They do well in 2's and 3's.

They do well in double/triple dps teams.

They have synergy with different healers.

One of the easier, more successful comps is Warrior/Hpally as well as Warrior/Rsham.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I love my warrior and that is why I picked him to be my pvp toon.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

You tried that WeakAuras string I gave you for your Warrior yet Jobbie?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Last night I prepared a separate WoW installation for my PvP times but didn't get to try it. I will report tonight if it worked.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
Well the warrior it is then. I will resub this week and level to 90 by next week, then we will see how this goes.

Thanks to all, I'll let you know my progress....

RAWR

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

Last night I prepared a separate WoW installation for my PvP times

You're better off learning to use the addons in PvE as well. All the ones I suggested either have zero impact on PvE (Gladius/Gladiator LoS) or are also beneficial to PvE (Icehud, WeakAuras etc) as they keep your eyes from starring at your action bars.

Then you can turn on your Grid/Recount/DBM and carry on as normal.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I agree with you, I also need to clean up my addons on my main installations, have so much crap installed is not even funny.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Snuffbox

to Snuffbox
I'm coming back, too.

My account never lapsed, but I haven't played since mid-December due to RL stuff. Should be the first week of March when I make my return.

If things don't work out well with my Mage and the guild I have lined up on an Oceanic realm, I'm totally leveling my Warrior as my main.

Hell, I'll have so much time to play, I'll probably focus on him when I'm not actively raiding in order to have him as my PvP main.

I also plan on leveling another Priest to PvP on.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
Click for full size
It didnt work.

Disregard rest of UI its a WIP.
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix to Skittles

to Skittles
Even though I play a rogue for pvp, I say warrior for the survivablility. Rogues really don't shine unless you're geared. Jobbie has crap for pvp gear but he just beasts people.....when I keep others off of him. DK's are pretty beast as frost too. They hit like freight trains.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
jobbie, copy and past it into notepad, and turn off word wrap. Then carefully delete all of the line breaks (don't delete any characters). Now copy the full block again, and try to repaste it into WA's import. It isn't recognizing the line breaks.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

That made the trick thanks!!!

Deleted all the spaces and linebrackes and it did the trick

Man that string is awesome!!

Thanks Snuff you won one internet.
Jobbie

Jobbie

Premium Member

Click for full size
This is with WeakAuras working adjusted the IceHUD bars to be around the icons.

Now need to work on the scrolling text and the chat window.

WA is just awesome.
Jobbie

Jobbie

Premium Member

Damn i should bring all these to the ui or pvp threads.

Sorry for the derail.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Weak Auras = Power Auras Classic but updated, no?

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

Well I resubbed last night after work, I have 3 toons currently. 90 rogue (hello shelf), 85 warrior, 85 DK.

Started leveling as Arms. level 86.

I hate leveling.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

This is correct.
Jobbie

Jobbie to Skittles

Premium Member

to Skittles
said by Skittles:

Well I resubbed last night after work, I have 3 toons currently. 90 rogue (hello shelf), 85 warrior, 85 DK.

Started leveling as Arms. level 86.

I hate leveling.

Welcome back Skittles!!!
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to Jobbie

to Jobbie
I prefer to think of it as power auras on crack.. Weakauras is far more powerful, but has a steeper learnign curve.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
Thanks Jobbie :0)

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Arsinic

to Arsinic
Yeah, when I dl it back in the fall I didn't even start tinkering because of the complicated code you had to input in order for it to do what you wanted it to.

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to Cptbeatstix

to Cptbeatstix
said by Cptbeatstix:

Even though I play a rogue for pvp, I say warrior for the survivablility. Rogues really don't shine unless you're geared. Jobbie has crap for pvp gear but he just beasts people.....when I keep others off of him. DK's are pretty beast as frost too. They hit like freight trains.

Agreed on Frost DK's hitting like those electric trains. They had a 5-box Frost DK team I ran into and he was steamrolling everyone in AV.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

jobbie, copy and past it into notepad, and turn off word wrap.

Thanks for helping him Immer - Been stupidly busy the last few days.

Jobbie, not sure why my original cut/copy had additional line breaks, sorry for the trouble.

Glad you're liking it though. I have other strings, non class specific that will broadcast things like Hypothermia (Mage can't Iceblock) Forbearance (Pally can't bubble), Lich, AMS, Spiritwalker's Grace, Concentration Aura, Inner Focus etc etc.

Let me know if you're interested.
Snuffbox

Snuffbox to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

Yes and no.

Powa is no longer supported by its developer and conflicts with current patches.

Weak Auras is a similar idea by a different developer but allows you to do even more. Once you get your feet wet, it's fairly simple.