share rss forum feed

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to DS256

Re: Upgrading phone -- Rogers is nuts

said by DS256:

@bt. There is no prorating at least for commercial. I lost my phone on Jan 26th and they want $700 to replace my iPhone. My term is up March 3rd so I am doing without until then.

That does not sound right, if your contract ends in a month, you should only have to pay an early upgrade fee of $13 plus the subsidized cost of the phone and admin fee. For an iPhone that would be much less than $700

cidknee0

join:2009-02-28

That all depends on the corporate plan they are on. We had one phone lost and it was coming up due in 6 months, no charges.

But other companies I've worked at it was full price.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to yyzlhr

said by yyzlhr:

said by DS256:

@bt. There is no prorating at least for commercial. I lost my phone on Jan 26th and they want $700 to replace my iPhone. My term is up March 3rd so I am doing without until then.

That does not sound right, if your contract ends in a month, you should only have to pay an early upgrade fee of $13 plus the subsidized cost of the phone and admin fee. For an iPhone that would be much less than $700

I called today and somehow the clown on the phone thought i was cancelling my contract (less then 60 days left). He comes up with a $125!!!

First with 60 days left I'm not going to cancel, so when I asked, it was $25 for the data and a minimum of $100 for the voice!!!
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......