Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

WiMax

join:2003-07-12
Canada
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

[INTERNET] You may not be getting the speed you paid for!

I just called Cogeco to find out if they have a customer retention program. (ie Can they COMPETE with the new TPIA's?) After finding out that they can lower my Internet rate IF AND ONLY IF I buy other services (ie bundling is the only way they will compete and even then, they can't do it), I told them the other reason I would leave is that I'm not getting the new speeds that were promoted in emails sent to customers in January.

This is Feb.4 and I'm still at the old speed. Turns out, what they "forgot" to include in the email was that you have to recycle your modem before you get the new speed! Duhhh, how many people would know to do that?

Once again, Cogeco is going to make big bucks from the thousands that don't know about this. Many will stay on the older speeds because most people simply don't know the difference.

Matters not to me, now that they have finally been forced to COMPETE and they can't, I'm going to a competitor.

Gotta love the 21st Century business climate in Canada where the customer is finally RIGHT! Let Cogeco keep living in the 19th century for all I care.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
join:2011-07-11
kudos:6

said by WiMax:

This is Feb.4 and I'm still at the old speed. Turns out, what they "forgot" to include in the email was that you have to recycle your modem before you get the new speed! Duhhh, how many people would know to do that?

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I'm going to put this link here:

»Re: [INTERNET] Cogeco Service Upgrade Email

Just to ensure that this message isn't causing any unnecessary confusion to our customers and making them constantly power cycle their modems to get the better speeds.

As stated in the above link, the speed changes are taking place over the month and will not be all finished in 1 day. If customers want to know when they will see their speed change, they can PM me their information and I will find out for them.

rudeboy24

join:2002-10-14
Welland, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Start Communicat..
·Cogeco Cable
reply to WiMax

I switched to start now i get 30 Mbps with a 250 GB cap for a total of $62.09 Tax/modem included.

»start.ca/services/highspeed

same speed with GOUGEco is $81.30 for same speed and 175GB cap
without any other services.

but if u get 3 services u get it for $70 tax included.

gee witch one is a better deal ....lol

Thats why there called GOUGEco

Phorkster
Premium
join:2004-06-27
Windsor, ON
kudos:1
reply to WiMax

So let me get this straight. In order for Cogeco to give you a more competitive rate you have to bundle with them. Or you go to the competition and get an even better deal without a bundle. Hmm.

kittyburgers

join:2012-01-31
reply to rudeboy24

Yup. This sounds like a much better deal to me. I'm considering the switch as well. I am assuming you have to buy the modem outright? Does one have to buy it from START?

rudeboy24

join:2002-10-14
Welland, ON

$62.09 includes a $5 modem rental. if you buy a modem then its $56.44 a month with tax.