kudos:1
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to HiVolt

Re: It has been good, but this is goodbye

said by HiVolt:

said by Sukunai:

My tech counsel has moved on, and I am beholding to that person to ensure everything 'computer' works in my life and up to his satisfaction.

So your tech buddy tells you to jump ship to a different ISP and you do it without questioning? What were his reasons?

Seems silly to me if your service was fine.

I will quote this post as it was the one needing most involved reply.

Do it without questioning? Nope. But my friend doesn't normally result in questions, he's the reason I get the answers though

At one time he had contemplated working for Teksavvy, and he would have been a good acquisition in my opinion But circumstances were not ideal for him at that time if I recall.

I am routinely used to phoning him and asking him questions of a technology based nature and the speed at which he finds answers always surprises me. I've known the young man since hmm the early 90s. He's always enjoyed my confidence. I am indeed lucky.

I can routinely be best described as a dinosaur uncomfortable with new tricks I hate learning the new. I do know something of business though, and I do wish he had confidence in his ability to run his own. I've yet to meet anyone his equal when it comes to computers. He possesses natural talent you can't get at a college.

At any rate, I have migrated to Electronic Box. It's not always about raw specifics of price or specific details with the service though, it's the sum of the whole. But, I will need to be with EB for a couple of years with no troubles before they get given special mention. Respect is something that has to be earned after all.

There ARE a few names on the market that can occasionally be worthy of checking into. Sometimes the person's specific location makes all the difference. Being in a old home or a new home, being in a residence or an apartment building. Being rural or urban. I for instance live in an old building, that has seen a lot of rebuilding over the years, I live downtown, but Lindsay sure isn't the middle of Toronto either.

I have yet to have a problem with dsl service and when everyone was jumping on the cable band wagon, I simply wasn't all that interested.

Everyone needs to remember, each customer brings their own variables to the table.

I have managed to go to a speed increase, and a major price decrease and I am using a Voip phone now. All in all, I am getting more for a lot less. But it works for me.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

I can understand that, I'm the technology wikipedia everyone in my family and circle of friends (and their friends and on) like to bug. They often take my advice like its gold (often cause I back up with a night's worth of research). I usually can't leave a friend's family dinner without getting a computer dumped me to fix or something neat they want to do at home with their computer and want me to explain how to do it.

So it's reasonable to take your friends word.

It's like with handy work and shop work, not my forte, so I defer to my father for advice. We all have people in our lives we trust with their talents, knowledge and advice. Sukunai is trusting his friend with decision to switch providers.

Good to know TekSavvy's gets honorable mention and you're leaving happily. If it doesn't go well with Ebox, at least you know TekSavvy will still be around to accept your business again. At least I hope they're not going anywhere anytime soon. :>

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Sukunai

said by Sukunai See ProfileI can routinely be best described as a dinosaur uncomfortable with new tricks I hate learning the new. I do know something of business though, and I do wish he had confidence in his ability to run his own. I've yet to meet anyone his equal when it comes to computers. He possesses natural talent you can't get at a college.

At any rate, I have migrated to Electronic Box. It's not always about raw specifics of price or specific details with the service though, it's the sum of the whole. But, I will need to be with EB for a couple of years with no troubles before they get given special mention. Respect is something that has to be earned after all.
[/BQUOTE :

Well, I just hope you have a "backup plan" in the event that this whiz kid of yours is not around... I used to help a lot of people many years ago, some of them "old dinosaurs" just like you...

E-Box is a fine ISP, and you seem to have been after a price drop too, because moving from one ISP to another just because your tech buddy does seems silly. He, or any other techie should be able to help you regardless of ISP.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

Expand your moderator at work