how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

v12dock

join:2011-05-21
Chillicothe, IL

[IL] Latest EMTA modem

I was wondering which EMTA modem Mediacom is issuing is the newest. Also if I could swap my standard and emta modem out for just the one.

GLIMMER

join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

why? your paying mediacom 5 for each modem. you will then pay them 10 just for the emta. Also you may not get the newest they have... In my case I own my cable modem and lease the phone modem for now.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103
reply to v12dock

You can exchange the standard and EMTA modem out, but a tech must come and install is so he can verify the phone service is working properly.

jay67

@mchsi.com
reply to GLIMMER

ditto 4 me. You can't use your own emta modem with MC so saving on the other modem is the only alternative.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103
reply to v12dock

Did you have any other questions with this issue?

GLIMMER

Fisher, IL
reply to MediacomChad

said by MediacomChad:

You can exchange the standard and EMTA modem out, but a tech must come and install is so he can verify the phone service is working properly.

thats a nice company line there. I will not let your techs in my house so the tech gave my wife the modem and splitter and she signed the e911 paper. A self install option will work I did it. as your tech did nothing i called in and had the modem provisioned. all you really need is a digital form for the e911 have customer sign the paper scan it back in email it. Then mail the customer the equipment. as for the emta typical mediacom using out dated crap. aris tm402g. what pisses me off more these are easy to buy but you wont let us use them if we buy one.

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:1

said by GLIMMER:

said by MediacomChad:

thats a nice company line there. I will not let your techs in my house so the tech gave my wife the modem and splitter and she signed the e911 paper. A self install option will work I did it. as your tech did nothing i called in and had the modem provisioned. all you really need is a digital form for the e911 have customer sign the paper scan it back in email it. Then mail the customer the equipment. as for the emta typical mediacom using out dated crap. aris tm402g. what pisses me off more these are easy to buy but you wont let us use them if we buy one.

Yeah that crap doesn't work for me. I do it my way or I leave. And charge you. One job less to do...
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

GLIMMER

Fisher, IL

actually its in our franchise agreement that if we dont want the tech in the house you have to leave the equipment. If I dont want the tech in the house that is my choice. Its not my fault your customer service skills suck. Its not your way its the customers way. But to each his own... And its one less job anyhow since your just leaving the modem. The logic of your statement makes no since.

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:1

Yeah if I'm going to do a job I want to make sure it's done right. I will not close a job done by someone else. We don't have such policies so the system logs the call done by the tech and it could be a mess.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.