spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bruinator

join:2009-01-23

Vonage $10 special

A while back vonage offered a deal $10 per month and it would stay that way as long as you didn't change anything. I was wondering if anyone still has that and was curious after all taxes and whatnot, what is your total bill now if you dont mind me asking.

thx

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
kudos:1

I know of quite a few people that have it. I have it and after taxes the bill is about $17 here in the Dallas area.

bruinator

join:2009-01-23

OK, so mine is around the same but thought it was getting high. I guess it is around what yours is. thx

mahermusic

join:2001-07-06
U.S.A.
reply to bruinator

...About $13.70-ish, give or take a penny.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to bruinator

It's called the $9.99 for life plan.

My bill is $16.18 a month.

Was first talked about here and how I got on that plan.

»Vonage made me an offer (I can't refuse)

said by bruinator:

OK, so mine is around the same but thought it was getting high. I guess it is around what yours is. thx

I guess that's what you're on, huh?

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to bruinator

I am currently on the "Basic Talk" $9.99 for life plan. My total monthly fee is $13.15 per month.

I think that the difference in whether your monthly bill will be ~$16-17 per month or ~$13-14 per month (aside from variations in local taxes/fees) is whether or not you changed to the $9.99 for life plan from an older full price plan as a "retention" deal, or signed up for the $9.99 for life plan as a new account.

When I had the older grandfathered 200 minute $9.99 per month plan, I paid ~15.51 per month (and I had been notified that the price was about to increase to ~17.00 per month). That plan had the "Intellectual Property" fee (which was scheduled to go higher), but my current $9.99 for life plan does not have that fee. I think that it does not have that fee because I signed up for the new "Basic Talk" plan as a new account rather than brokering a retention deal. I think the difference is because the "Intellectual Property" fee is related to court ordered fees that Vonage must pay to the plaintiffs for certain specific accounts when they lost/settled several patent violation law suits; but new accounts setup after a certain date are not all covered by that court order.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

One More Too

join:2010-09-09
Galena, IL

I have had Vonage service for about 2 years. My plan was the least expensive $9.99 per month for 200 minutes plan.

I came across this thread and thought I'd give Vonage a call to see if they could change me to the $9.99 for unlimited minutes plan discussed in this thread. I chose the "cancel service" option from their automated phone system. When I got a retention CSR, I explained that I could get unlimited service from a number of Vonage competitors for the same price or less than I was paying for 200 minutes with Vonage. I told her that I had come across this thread and that I'd like to be switched to the $9.99 unlimited plan or else I would be switching to a competitor. She put me on hold for a minute or two and then came back and said that I would be switched to the $9.99 unlimited minutes plan and that the new plan and price would remain in effect until or unless I changed it.

I thought I'd pass along my experience to let others know that the process of getting the $9.99 unlimited plan should be fairly simple.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
kudos:1

said by One More Too:

I have had Vonage service for about 2 years. My plan was the least expensive $9.99 per month for 200 minutes plan.

I came across this thread and thought I'd give Vonage a call to see if they could change me to the $9.99 for unlimited minutes plan discussed in this thread. I chose the "cancel service" option from their automated phone system. When I got a retention CSR, I explained that I could get unlimited service from a number of Vonage competitors for the same price or less than I was paying for 200 minutes with Vonage. I told her that I had come across this thread and that I'd like to be switched to the $9.99 unlimited plan or else I would be switching to a competitor. She put me on hold for a minute or two and then came back and said that I would be switched to the $9.99 unlimited minutes plan and that the new plan and price would remain in effect until or unless I changed it.

I thought I'd pass along my experience to let others know that the process of getting the $9.99 unlimited plan should be fairly simple.

Same experience here - I have two lines and converted both to the 9.99 unlimited world.

note: you also get an iphone app that links to your 9.99 so your mobile calls are free under the same plan
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

treichhart

join:2006-12-12
reply to bruinator

I am on 9.99 plan its US/Canada unlimited and after all the stupid taxes my bill is like 17 dollars.

rrengineer

join:2002-02-04
Sun City Center, FL
reply to bruinator

I had the 200 minute plan and that was changed to the 750 minute plan and the price was increased to $19.99 a month. It cost over $30 last month with taxes and fees. I called to cancel my account and was first offered an unlimited plan with an "introductory" $9.99 fee. I told them that wasn't good enough and they offered me $9.99 unlimited for life. I accepted that. I have been losing dial tone, requiring a reset of the adapter recently and I hope that changes.

Mannus
Premium
join:2005-10-25
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
·Vonage
reply to bruinator

I was on the 4.99 residential hold plan($0.03 a minute) and my bill was 11.70 w/ taxes and fees. Had vonage for 6+years and finally cancelled. Bought an Obihai 100 VOIP adapter and setup my GV number. Free incoming and outgoing calls and adapter was only 40.00.