Search similar:

uniqs
ZW_Joe
join:2005-10-08
San Anselmo, CA

1 recommendation

ZW_Joe

USG100 Emailing Reports Woes

Recently switched Internet providers. Seems port 25 is blocked, so I thought I'd switch out the old email address with a gmail address. I jumped into CLI to change the ports for daily and logging smtp ports. I'm still not able to get these sent out.

Other than changing the port, what else do I need to change?

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO
Ubiquiti NanoBeam M5 16

Brano

MVM

If you changed to 587, TLS is required with gmail which is not supported by USG (not in front of my USG, will have to confirm later).
...this sucks, TLS is pretty much standard these days for sending email.

I think you're out of options with gmail
ZW_Joe
join:2005-10-08
San Anselmo, CA

1 edit

1 recommendation

ZW_Joe

Cr@p!

Thanks. I was suspecting this, the log was saying something to the effect 'mstmp server not compatible....' Not sure if the m is a typo in the error code.

Hmmm... Anyone know a free service off hand that works?

EDIT: Looks like Yahoo uses SSL and port 465. I'll try that for a size. I'm sure I have a yahoo address somewhere around here....

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
Burlington, ON

1 recommendation

Brano

MVM

SSL/TLS is pretty much the the same thing. USG doesn't support neither to the best of my knowledge.

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

1 edit

tschmidt to ZW_Joe

MVM

to ZW_Joe
said by ZW_Joe:

Recently switched Internet providers. Seems port 25 is blocked, so I thought I'd switch out the old email address with a gmail address.

What about using the email account from your new ISP? If they support port 25 or 587 and do not require SSL/TSL should be good to go.

I have a similar problem with some of my home automation gear it does not support SSL/TLS. Needed to set it up to use the ISP account.

/tom
edit to clarify post

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
Burlington, ON

Brano

MVM

Great idea

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

1 recommendation

Hank to tschmidt

Premium Member

to tschmidt
said by tschmidt:

said by ZW_Joe:

Recently switched Internet providers. Seems port 25 is blocked, so I thought I'd switch out the old email address with a gmail address.

What about using an email account from your new ISP? If they support port 25 or 587 should be good to go.

I have a similar problem with some of my home automation gear. Needed to set it up to use the ISP account.

/tom

That is slightly different what I do. My ISP blocks port 25 going off network. So with my email provider I use port 587, but you cannot use TLS or SSL with the USG.