spc
uniqs

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r to Mango

to Mango

Re: Ready to leave POTS....

said by Mango:

Like the others, I recommend the OBi devices instead of the PAP2T - OBi202 if you need two lines and/or a router or OBi100 otherwise. The OBi has a great deal of improvements that result in better audio quality, among other things.

I still have one PAP2T in service that I haven't yet replaced but all my other ATAs are OBi now.

Is there an additional service cost for 2 lines? If so, how much or does that merely depending on the ATA being able to handle it?

I liked the PAP2T for the simplicity of the device when I researched it and how common it is, and despite it slightly older age, it does have fairly good reputation. Anyway, what are these "OBi" devices people keep talking about? Exact name of manufacter/model? Do they work in the same light as the PAP2T?

Let me know and thanks guys!

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

the PAP2T is the one I'm using and I love it as it's has two phone ports unlike the Obi that only has one or at least the models I've seen only have one port.

So setting up two lines on the same device is nice as in the future I'll need a business number. Now yeah you would have to pay for a number for that port from voip.ms if you want two lines. If you can find one for a good price I've no issue it's been good to me.
JJ_GTA
Premium Member
join:2009-04-01
Ontario

JJ_GTA

Premium Member

Obi202 has two phone ports. I love that it supports 4 wire wiring green/yellow and black/red so I only need one connection into the Obi for phone1 and phone2.

»www.acrovoice.ca/obistore/

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

ah cool did not see that modal on amazon.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango to d4m1r

Premium Member

to d4m1r
said by d4m1r:

Do they work in the same light as the PAP2T?

Yes - actually the same engineers developed them. The OBi devices are just the latest versions.

m.
--
myvoipnews.com