uniqs
booj
join:2011-02-07
Richmond, ON

booj to Styvas

to Styvas

Re: Diesel vs. gasoline for new car purchase

said by Styvas:

lol! Can regular diesel engines run on bio-diesel? I suppose that makes sense but I'd never thought about it.

Some hobbyists convert their TDI's to run on veggie oil. Free gas if you are willing to filter restaurant waste!

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

just make sure it is an old TDi engine, not a newer one.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00 to booj

Premium Member

to booj
said by booj:

said by Styvas:

lol! Can regular diesel engines run on bio-diesel? I suppose that makes sense but I'd never thought about it.

Some hobbyists convert their TDI's to run on veggie oil. Free gas if you are willing to filter restaurant waste!

I was thinking about that in connection with this comment:
said by IamGimli:

Exhaust gases smell. Bad. Especially when the engine gets older. Makes some people noxious.

One guy who converted his Mercedes diesel to run on veggie oil noted that one side effect -- not clear if he considered it a positive or a negative -- was that everywhere his car went smelled like french fries!

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to booj

Premium Member

to booj
said by booj:

said by Styvas:

This may be important to consider, fuel will be scarce after the zombie apocalypse