MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to Kitlope

MVM

to Kitlope

Re: BB10 launches Jan 30

said by Kitlope:

I also was using a very old Telus plan from circa 2001 that I kept being grandfathered with but I wasn't able to renew it. At first I was disappointed but as I know things have changed drastically since then so the Telus agent steered me to something similar and because of my loyalty knocked 10.00/month off. It's the talk and text plan, unlimited talk/long distance anytime in Canada, unlimited text of course and 1 GB of data which is more than enough for my needs, voice mail and all that stuff for $60.00/month.

Fido has that exact plan as a regular plan rather than a retention deal. In fact, a few months ago it was $57 for all that and 2GB of data, but that was a limited time offer.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

said by Guspaz:

Fido has that exact plan as a regular plan rather than a retention deal. In fact, a few months ago it was $57 for all that and 2GB of data, but that was a limited time offer.

And, it offers unlimited US and International text, as well as a few other freebies.

Kitlope
join:2004-07-29
Edmonton, Ab

Kitlope

Good to know however there's no way in hell I'll ever go with Fido, at least here in Alberta since I believe they only cover the urban areas (Edmonton, Calgary and Red Deer, perhaps FT Mac now and Grande Prairie) and during busy season I'm all over the province and sometimes Sask & BC.

Now that I have unlimited talk, most specifically during business hours I may even get rid of my landline as that will save me another $25.00/month. I only had the landline because back in the day you needed one for a Telus dsl connection, I never minded this as landlines were still very common 10 years ago and it made "fiscal" sense because many cell phone plans back then charged by the minute, especially during business hours. That's what I had until today - 30 cents/min during business hours, weekends & evenings free and free unlimited long distance in BC & Alberta. A very popular plan at the time for us because we do most of our work out of town. But things have changed and that sweet deal obviously isn't so sweet anymore, so I'm really glad I'm off of it and have been thinking of that the last couple years but was locked into the contract.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

Even on a term, Telus allows you to change plans, so there was never a worry about that.

Regardless, you now have a plan more suited to your uses. Like you, I work up north starting usually in March, and it's nice not to worry about my usage local, or LD.

BTW, I haven't had a LL for years now, and don't miss it a bit.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to Kitlope

MVM

to Kitlope
said by Kitlope:

Good to know however there's no way in hell I'll ever go with Fido, at least here in Alberta since I believe they only cover the urban areas (Edmonton, Calgary and Red Deer, perhaps FT Mac now and Grande Prairie) and during busy season I'm all over the province and sometimes Sask & BC.

Fido, being a brand of Rogers, uses the Rogers network, and as such has identical coverage.