Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

l1v3

join:2013-01-24
Woodstock, ON
reply to morisato

Re: Solution Needed for TPIA/Bell to Fix DSL Speed Discrepancy

Thanks for the input morisato! I'll give them a call tomorrow and request the profile change to 6M. They were unwilling to do so when I asked before because of the SNR value.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

1 recommendation

No problem it might be unstable but it could be fine as well give your stats suggest your well Below your maximum capacity you should be okayish/on the line p:)
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

l1v3

Woodstock, ON

Will do! I follow up after talking to support.

And thanks again!

l1v3

Woodstock, ON

1 edit
reply to l1v3

Well because of my efforts to resolve the speed discrepancy (too much in my opinion) and you guys' expertise/input, my connection speeds are now almost double:

5.93 Mpbs / 0.74 Mpbs , 54 ms ping WOW!

I asked specifically to 'increase my profile' and they changed it to 8 / 1. Before they could do so, they said they had to contact the Sales office??? This is odd because the plan was supposedly changed to the 'upto' 10 Mpbs on Jan 23rd. It leads me to believe the reason they denied a profile increase after installing the new modem was because it was the old plan - 5 Mpbs max. Grrr!

I'll dwell on the positive instead Speed increase of 2.5 Mbps and a solid connection.

Thanks to all. Without your input this wouldn't have happened.

morisato

Oshawa, ON

there still is clearly some issues on the line i have never seen adsl2 with such horrible stats. for 3 kms.. but its better than it was p:) though
--

l1v3

Woodstock, ON

said by morisato:

there still is clearly some issues on the line i have never seen adsl2 with such horrible stats. for 3 kms.. but its better than it was p:) though

What specific stats are horrible? Looking for ammunition to get it fixed if possible and to understand what the values should be.

morisato

Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX

well speed to distance looks poor to me, combined u have lots of errors showing , Your not even syncing at the full profile your on. adsl2 goes to 24 meg, i would expect u to be able to get 15-16 easy at 3 kms.. i dunno whats wrong with yer line specifically but it looks bad to me
--