TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to coolvibes

Re: DSL vs Cable ??

It depends on where you live and what Bell offers in your area if DSL or Cable is better.

Technically DSL has always been the better delivery method than Cable. But with all the improvements Cablecos have made with DOCSIS and Bell's reluctance to replace or upgrade it's aging copper infrastrucutre, Cable is often the better option in many areas.

Like mine, Bell will only offer me Fibe 5/1 (can't believe the even but Fibe infront of that). And thus I could only ever get the same from TekSavvy. But I can get 28/1 (my neighbor was 150/10 with Rogers).

If you can get 25/10 from TekSavvy in your area, it's the better choice. Of course if you don't need the 10Mbps of upload and can live with 1Mbps, 28/1 Cable will save you a bit monthly.

You'd also want to ask people in your immediate neighbouhood who have either package (from Tek, Bell, Rogers or anyone else) who their performance is.

-----

Update: Out of curiosity I typed in my postal code on TekSavvy's side for DSL packages I qualify for, I can get 15/1 and 25/10. Bell only qualifies me for 5/1. My previous address still only qualifies for 6/800 though.