uniqs

NOCTech75
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA

NOCTech75 to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed

Re: Why the general teen should not get a sports car...

said by CylonRed:

Problem is - proper training would take a couple years to be good at and they would not be a teen. Meanwhile - they are driving a car that they should not be driving much less driving like an idiot.

No it wouldn't. IMSA Lights L1 class has 15 and 16 year olds at the pointy end of the grid. We got a kid down here in the southeast who is 15 and ran 10 races in SCCA this year in his C6Z and won most of them.. he is jumping upto GT1 this year. There are numerous kids in Spec Miata who started when they were 16 and 17. It all goes down to parenting and teaching respect for the vehicle and others, teens can be trained to drive with respect despite your blanket statements.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

The person in the youtube is not one of these. Of course - I never said young people could not race. They obviously do but they don't just get a license and drive a sports car.

I never said teens could not have respect - it is rare and not the norm, at least in my 46 years of live and 30 years of driving. This nimrod certainly did not learn the lessons needed.

Obviously - the 'blanket' statement s were to this particular kid since I was commenting on the video and not every teen in existence.