fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to travanx

Premium Member

to travanx

Re: cash

Yea.. a third party holding on to your debit/credit information so they can take a cut is just what the dr. ordered.

Debit cards are covered under Regulation E and have plenty of protection so long as YOU take steps to ensure that you are using them correctly. The only difference between the debit and credit card issue is one is backed by your money while the other is backed by the bank.

I've had issues with my debit cards in the past and the banks have always handled them correctly and within the time prescribed by law. (often sooner)

Make note though, charge backs are not there to protect you just because you dispute an issue with the merchant.. they're not going to stand behind you becuase you're not happy and want a refund either.. many people believe this. It's there to protect you against fraud AND from merchants who don't act in accordance with their own terms, and of course certain local, state, or federal laws. If you got over charged for an item, you had good documentation in your hand to prove your point, you should have had your provisional credit in 14 days, at least, while they disputed your claim.
« ConsumerComScore and cluelessness »
This is a sub-selection from cash