dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing

Would you purchase a Diablo 3 expansion?

When the Diablo 3 expansion comes out, will you buy it?

Will some of you give it a shot no matter what?

I know it is hard to resist a new blizzard product.

I have a feeling some of you will fold, and try it again, when an expansion is released.

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM

ironweasel

Premium Member

Maybe......I know D3 has gotten better since release, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I may check it out after some reviews are released but I won't be preordering it like I did with D3.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
No.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to TheThing

to TheThing
No. I'm sticking to the previous diablo's.

Cthen
Premium Member
join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI

Cthen to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
Why would I do that when none of them were worth paying for in the first place?
Cthen

Cthen to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
said by TheThing:

I know it is hard to resist a new blizzard product.

Um no, it is not.

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium Member
join:2008-10-22
Mesa, AZ

aelingil to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
...annnddd no..

Blizzard has taken enough of my money and given me packaged piles of poo.. tonight was the last straw..

Zaferinnas
join:2012-09-03
Federal Way, WA

Zaferinnas to TheThing

to TheThing
Yes I plan on purchasing the exapnsion when it is released. Just got my Wizard to 60 and enjoy melting mobs with Archon.

Fishead1
Premium Member
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
Yes I will.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
Free with an annual pass you say?

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
Fuck no....hell no....shit no...piss no...hell fucker damn no.

The ABSOLUTE only way I'd check it out again is if they got rid of the AH/RMAH and added some type of item sink or item degrade...other than that, they can keep that shit....PoE is everything D3 should have been....oh, and it's free.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
said by I AM:

LOL
Shatter13
join:2006-07-24
Waterford, MI

Shatter13 to TheThing

to TheThing
D3 is better now then at launch but I would pass on an expansion most likely

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
NOPE

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
$5 and I'll play through the story line once. That's it.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to I AM

to I AM
said by I AM:

Not getting me with that again.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by bTU:

said by I AM:

+1

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to bTU

Premium Member

to bTU
said by bTU:

said by I AM:

said by Jobbie:

said by bTU:

said by I AM:

+1

Blizzard will throw in a sparklie mount for free and you guys will be all over an annual pass.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

PONY! FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!

TheThing

TheThing to I AM

to I AM
said by I AM:

Toss in a my little pony mount and I'm sold!

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
This steaming and decomposing pile of shit will never be on my PC again

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

Blizzard will throw in a sparklie mount for free and you guys will be all over an annual pass.

Bookmark my post for the next annual pass news.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

said by Ghastlyone:

Bookmark my post for the next annual pass news.

I may try out an expansion, depending on what is released in it.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil
said by Koil:

The ABSOLUTE only way I'd check it out again is if they got rid of the AH/RMAH and added some type of item sink or item degrade...other than that, they can keep that shit....PoE is everything D3 should have been....oh, and it's free.

+1. AH and RMAH break the game as I have no desire to keep playing to see what drops.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

I've never played D3. But the thought of a RMAH sounds like complete non sense to me. That would completely destroy the game.

The whole fun of the game I thought is finding new loot for your character? I think about playing Borderlands 2 and if there was a RMAH with it. It would be terrible playing through levels with the only thing you get is crappy or useless items. No thanks.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
Blizzard really fucked up a great product with the RMAH/AH among other things.

Blizzard should hire me on to take Jay Wilson's old spot. I could have people running back to D3.

#1. Remove the RMAH and the AH. The joy in playing this game comes from discovery of new items, not scrapping hundreds or thousands of items so you can find upgrades that someone else found. At best, people should get upgrades as hand-me-downs from friends and guildies. That was always cool to get, but the AH just destroyed the game, even if it padded Blizzard's bottom line for a while.

#2. Guilds. Not just a guild tab/bank like you know it in WoW. You can instance this stuff for players so that you don't overwhelm a server. Players can hop onto their guild instance and hang out as a group. They can donate money to upgrade their guild instance and build it out however they see fit. People love to customize their own shit. Give people moderate in-game building abilities that could come at a price. Let guilds build up an empire. Let them display trophies, achievements, whatever they want.

#3. Release the builder. Let the players build their own zones, their own dungeons, their own adventures. Let people mod the hell out of the game. Leave stock the way it is and let people enjoy stock games. Custom games would have their own characters that were non-transferable between stock and custom. Money couldn't exchange hands, nothing would matter. It's just like how SC2 handles custom maps. Imagine if you gave the Minecrafters the D3 builder to do what they want. That's why Warcraft 3 was so successful. Warcraft 3 spawned DoTA among a billion other maps. DoTA spawned League of Legends, which made Riot a 9-figure company. Nobody could have predicted it. Nobody can predict what will happen here, but you release the builder to the players and you'll see things you never saw before, including new game ideas to profit off of.

#4. More content. A lot more content. The game ends way too quickly and the replay value is in the leveling via increase of difficulty. You beat the game four times to get to max level. That's a bit retarded. I know levels take a while to build, but this is coming from a company who built WoW. They built a ton of content. Diablo's content can be experienced in a single day. Your next expansion should have you spending weeks (on a poopsocker's time schedule) to complete the content before you play through it again on a higher difficulty.

#5. PVP. Fuck it. Just give the players what they want. It doesn't have to be ready for e-sports, but give them something to do. Throw in a few game modes for fun and let them at it.

#6. Hire me. Seriously, just pay me to fix your game. Pay me to come in and make sure you aren't going to fuck up Project Titan and pay me to give you a handful of game genres that aren't out there that you could capitalize on.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Archivis 2013

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

#6. Hire me. Seriously, just pay me to fix your game. Pay me to come in and make sure you aren't going to fuck up Project Titan and pay me to give you a handful of game genres that aren't out there that you could capitalize on.

You making sweet love to the camera does not constitute as a genre that is not out there yet... but it might still kick ass.

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to TheThing

to TheThing
It's easy to resist Diablo 3 anything at this point. I still pretend Blizzard didn't create it.

TheThing

TheThing to Exodus

to Exodus
not down on #3

would like to add:

#7 - Make it a town game and not a lobby game. Make towns common to all. And instance the open world to groups. like GW1