uniqs

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to TheThing

Mod

to TheThing

Re: Would you purchase a Diablo 3 expansion?

Make Diablo 4 like Diablo 2.

Do a Microsoft release cycle.. every other one sucks.
Mike

Mike to TheThing

Mod

to TheThing
Make Diablo 4 like Diablo 2.

Do a Microsoft release cycle.. every other one sucks.

hellrazzer24
join:2002-06-21
united state

hellrazzer24 to TheThing

to TheThing
No. But make a poll maybe next time?

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to Gundy

Premium Member

to Gundy
Yea, its a nice way of saying he was fired from the D3 project.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

Blizzard will throw in a sparklie mount for free and you guys will be all over an annual pass.

Holy shit, I can have two ponies? Can I buy more than one?

Yeah, I think I'll pass on an expansion. D3 was a massive let down from the hype that it blew up. I'll wait for an expansion to land and be the next messiah before I'll plunk down more money on it.

Gundy
Premium Member
join:2002-10-29

Gundy to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

Well, they did fire Jay.

Fired?

I thought he got reassigned and left the Diablo team..

Source?

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
Well, they did fire Jay.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
I don't know. They would have to make damn near a new game or start stealing all the great ideas other games are doing. I see D3 as last in the pack, and the AH just makes things worse. Right now though; I would not, and my confidence in Blizzard to make changes that benefit genres has been removed after this game.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic
Shocking, right?

I enjoyed D3 for a bit. A lot of frustration and certainly not as great as D2, but it was worth the money.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

Yes.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
Yes.

Rogue Wolf
An Easy Draw of a Sad Few
join:2003-08-12
Troy, NY

Rogue Wolf to TheThing

to TheThing
I haven't even finished Act 2 of D3... wouldn't be much point to buying an expansion, would there?

KeepOnRockin
Music Lover Forever
Premium Member
join:2002-11-08
Beaverton, OR

KeepOnRockin to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
Not a chance!

TRU
join:2005-07-21
Michigan

TRU to I AM

to I AM
I probably would but it would have to be the right price (under ~$20). I enjoyed Diablo 3. It wasn't great but it wasn't an absolute piece of crap either. I enjoyed it while I was playing it but I stopped playing after about a month or two because it got really repetitive and lacked any real replayability. An expansion would likely make me jump back in but like I said only for the right price.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
Blizzard does not simply listen to us.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
Now I need to try PoE.

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing to Jobbie

to Jobbie
hey now!

I said #7 like GW1... not like PoE

FYI... arch's game already exists... *cough*

Marvel Heroes and Lineage Eternal should get us there 100% hopefully

D3 would be aboslutely superior to PoE if they did arch's things

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
Beef, when did you get hired by Path of Exile?

Jay_
Formerly known as Carnage
Premium Member
join:2001-05-15
Pickering On

Jay_ to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
FUCK NO!

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium Member
join:2008-10-22
Mesa, AZ

aelingil to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
#1: Agree'd
#2. Guilds.. fine.. as long as the game is not based on Guilds like WoW.. it kills the game for people wanting to play Single Player.. Pandas were a big reason i quit WoW... Not seeing DeathWing because i was not with a 40m... annoying.. I would not want to see D3 end content being hindered to a large group of players..
#3. This would be awesome. If you could make your own maps, you could expand the game a bunch.. Have those maps separate from the original game. Do it just like Portal 2 Did with their custom maps. Play original or a custom map, do you know how cool the game *COULD* be if someone set up a battle royal.. where you had to fight all of the Lords from D2 D2x and D3...
4. I would tie this into #3, the higher up could easily add a custom map into the real game and continue the story line.. (not the battle royal.. but something different)
5. Break it apart from the main game.. Have a "Colosseum" where it is #vs#..
6. Great power comes great responsibility..

TheThing

TheThing to Phantasee

to Phantasee
you could chill in a town with your entire guild... flashin the epeen

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to TheThing

to TheThing
said by TheThing:

not down on #3

would like to add:

#7 - Make it a town game and not a lobby game. Make towns common to all. And instance the open world to groups. like GW1

I support this and 99% of Archs.

TheThing

TheThing to Exodus

to Exodus
not down on #3

would like to add:

#7 - Make it a town game and not a lobby game. Make towns common to all. And instance the open world to groups. like GW1

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to TheThing

to TheThing
It's easy to resist Diablo 3 anything at this point. I still pretend Blizzard didn't create it.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

#6. Hire me. Seriously, just pay me to fix your game. Pay me to come in and make sure you aren't going to fuck up Project Titan and pay me to give you a handful of game genres that aren't out there that you could capitalize on.

You making sweet love to the camera does not constitute as a genre that is not out there yet... but it might still kick ass.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Archivis 2013

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
Blizzard really fucked up a great product with the RMAH/AH among other things.

Blizzard should hire me on to take Jay Wilson's old spot. I could have people running back to D3.

#1. Remove the RMAH and the AH. The joy in playing this game comes from discovery of new items, not scrapping hundreds or thousands of items so you can find upgrades that someone else found. At best, people should get upgrades as hand-me-downs from friends and guildies. That was always cool to get, but the AH just destroyed the game, even if it padded Blizzard's bottom line for a while.

#2. Guilds. Not just a guild tab/bank like you know it in WoW. You can instance this stuff for players so that you don't overwhelm a server. Players can hop onto their guild instance and hang out as a group. They can donate money to upgrade their guild instance and build it out however they see fit. People love to customize their own shit. Give people moderate in-game building abilities that could come at a price. Let guilds build up an empire. Let them display trophies, achievements, whatever they want.

#3. Release the builder. Let the players build their own zones, their own dungeons, their own adventures. Let people mod the hell out of the game. Leave stock the way it is and let people enjoy stock games. Custom games would have their own characters that were non-transferable between stock and custom. Money couldn't exchange hands, nothing would matter. It's just like how SC2 handles custom maps. Imagine if you gave the Minecrafters the D3 builder to do what they want. That's why Warcraft 3 was so successful. Warcraft 3 spawned DoTA among a billion other maps. DoTA spawned League of Legends, which made Riot a 9-figure company. Nobody could have predicted it. Nobody can predict what will happen here, but you release the builder to the players and you'll see things you never saw before, including new game ideas to profit off of.

#4. More content. A lot more content. The game ends way too quickly and the replay value is in the leveling via increase of difficulty. You beat the game four times to get to max level. That's a bit retarded. I know levels take a while to build, but this is coming from a company who built WoW. They built a ton of content. Diablo's content can be experienced in a single day. Your next expansion should have you spending weeks (on a poopsocker's time schedule) to complete the content before you play through it again on a higher difficulty.

#5. PVP. Fuck it. Just give the players what they want. It doesn't have to be ready for e-sports, but give them something to do. Throw in a few game modes for fun and let them at it.

#6. Hire me. Seriously, just pay me to fix your game. Pay me to come in and make sure you aren't going to fuck up Project Titan and pay me to give you a handful of game genres that aren't out there that you could capitalize on.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic
I've never played D3. But the thought of a RMAH sounds like complete non sense to me. That would completely destroy the game.

The whole fun of the game I thought is finding new loot for your character? I think about playing Borderlands 2 and if there was a RMAH with it. It would be terrible playing through levels with the only thing you get is crappy or useless items. No thanks.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil
said by Koil:

The ABSOLUTE only way I'd check it out again is if they got rid of the AH/RMAH and added some type of item sink or item degrade...other than that, they can keep that shit....PoE is everything D3 should have been....oh, and it's free.

+1. AH and RMAH break the game as I have no desire to keep playing to see what drops.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

said by Ghastlyone:

Blizzard will throw in a sparklie mount for free and you guys will be all over an annual pass.

Bookmark my post for the next annual pass news.

I may try out an expansion, depending on what is released in it.