All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
artisticcheese0
join:2004-11-09
The Colony, TX

artisticcheese0

How do I make guide show only subscribed channels?

Hello,

How do I do this?
knarf829
join:2007-06-02

knarf829

You can't specifically do that.

You can create a Favorites list with only subscribed channels in it, and then use that as your default when you press Guide.
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

Sure you can, while in the Guide hit your Options button on the remote and Subscribed Channels is one of the options.
knarf829
join:2007-06-02

knarf829

Oh my damn. Can you tell I barely use mine?

Sorry for the old information.
buckweet1980
join:2011-12-31
Saint Petersburg, FL

buckweet1980

I have the problem in that it never remembers which list I choose. It'll keep it sometimes, then other times it will forget..
kes601
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

said by buckweet1980:

I have the problem in that it never remembers which list I choose. It'll keep it sometimes, then other times it will forget..

Somewhere under settings you can tell the Guide to remember the last state (or something like that) so it will remember what you last had set as far as which channels to display.

MeatChicken
join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ

MeatChicken to artisticcheese0

to artisticcheese0
You can also create & set a "favorites" guide of whatever you want..
For example my guide won't display any SD channel that has an HD eqivelent above ch 500 ...l, so when I browse below ch 502, I only see in the guide those SD channels that do not have any HD equivelent ... & when setting this up, I have the remote's toggle channel up/down button also skipping over those duplicates as well when channel surfing without the guide ...
kes601
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

said by MeatChicken:

For example my guide won't display any SD channel that has an HD eqivelent above ch 500 ...l, so when I browse below ch 502, I only see in the guide those SD channels that do not have any HD equivelent ... & when setting this up, I have the remote's toggle channel up/down button also skipping over those duplicates as well when channel surfing without the guide ...

The problem with that is that you don't know when a new channel (ya, I know hardly happens) is added.
hubrisnxs
join:2009-12-30
Fountain Valley, CA

hubrisnxs to knarf829

to knarf829
Menu > settings > television make sure MODES is enabled and at the bottom of the same page make sure Last Viewed Guide State is enabled.

then it will remember your selection when you are in the guide.

hit guide > options and select subscribed channels

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to artisticcheese0

to artisticcheese0
Just keep in mind that if the box reboots it will default to all channels for the guide again and you have to select your favoriteX again. I know this all to well as my Mom will call me every now and then and say "Hi honey the guide is messed up again, can you do that trick again".

Drunkula
Premium Member
join:2000-06-12
Denton, TX

Drunkula to hubrisnxs

Premium Member

to hubrisnxs
said by hubrisnxs:

Menu > settings > television make sure MODES is enabled and at the bottom of the same page make sure Last Viewed Guide State is enabled.

then it will remember your selection when you are in the guide.

hit guide > options and select subscribed channels

Thanks for that! I didn't know it was possible.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to kes601

to kes601
said by kes601:

The problem with that is that you don't know when a new channel (ya, I know hardly happens) is added.

Sure you will. Just come on this forum and you'll see 15 posts about the new channel, and how H2 HD is still not available.

MeatChicken
join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ

MeatChicken to kes601

to kes601
said by kes601:

said by MeatChicken:

Speak for yourself!
I always know know ...
But you are right .. The "average" person will need to occasionally check the menu's fav list, & if there's suddenly a "CH 694 " w/ no fav heart, add it ...
buckweet1980
join:2011-12-31
Saint Petersburg, FL

buckweet1980 to kes601

to kes601
said by kes601:

said by buckweet1980:

Somewhere under settings you can tell the Guide to remember the last state (or something like that) so it will remember what you last had set as far as which channels to display.

I checked and it is enabled.. Still have the issues, sometimes it will remember, other times not.
dennis55
join:2013-03-07
New York, NY

dennis55 to MeatChicken

to MeatChicken
Hey MeatChicken. If you can find time can you tell me exactly how you set up your favs to disregard redundant SD channels. I know you can go through every channel you have and do it manually, i.e., just pick the channels you want in the guide, but it seems you have found some easier way! It may not help my case that I have a Logitech Harmony remote. Thanks. (I'm brand new here)

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

miataman to buckweet1980

Premium Member

to buckweet1980
said by buckweet1980:

said by kes601:

said by buckweet1980:

I checked and it is enabled.. Still have the issues, sometimes it will remember, other times not.

Any time that the STB gets reset, either by the user, or by Verizon for overnights, it will revert to "all chans".