join:2004-07-29
Edmonton, Ab

Kitlope to J E F F4

to J E F F4

Re: BB10 launches Jan 30

said by J E F F4:

said by dirtyjeffer0:

said by Kitlope:

And with today's phone upgrade, I'm continuing to support Canadian.

is that phone made in Canada?

i know in the past, all devices were, but over the years, many of the models were shifted offshore.

Well, they do have about 9,000 working in Canada. Though I did hear through the vine that some phones made in Mexico (typical) and Canada. Either way, you're supporting the North American economy, not the Chinese.

That said, no idea where the Z10 is made, somehow here, who has one, can tell us. Pull the battery off, and look for the "Made in *****" stamp.

Look at my post above, it's made in Mexico.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by Kitlope:

So it's still supporting the NA economy...directly. If more US companies were to choose Mexico, damn, the US would not be having the issues they're having now.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by J E F F4:

said by Kitlope:

So it's still supporting the NA economy...directly. If more US companies were to choose Mexico, damn, the US would not be having the issues they're having now.

ummm, no...closing plants in the US, and putting those people out of work, does not help the US economy...a lot of manufacturing had moved to Mexico going back 10-15 years...a lot of it is still there, but a lot of it is moving back to the US over the past 5 years...that is part of why there is a bit of a recovery down there.