uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tornado15550

join:2012-12-16
Canada
Reviews:
·TELUS

No more Optik Internet?

I was checking the Telus website, and noticed that "Optik Internet" wasn't mentioned anywhere.

I chose my province and city, and also "checked availability" by entering my home phone number in.
Here is a picture of the main page of the Telus website, where Optik Internet was previously mentioned.

I'm currently subscribed to Optik High Speed Internet. So what's the deal? Have they phased it out or merged it with Telus Internet?

Also, Telus has still not updated its website with the availability of Optik 50, and the awesome new hardware choices (V2000H) and features such as loop bonding available to Telus customers.

jtl999
CEO of Actiontec Dev Team

join:2012-11-24
In the GVRD
kudos:4
Appears to have been merged.
For some reason I was not able to get above 15mbps on the availability checker until today.

Tornado15550

join:2012-12-16
Canada
Reviews:
·TELUS
So does this also mean that they will no longer be offering fiber optic services to new customers? Or is it simply just a name change.
And if this is the case, why not rename "Optik TV" to Telus TV. Then, they will have "Telus TV" and "Telus Satellite TV".

Ano189

@telus.net
It is just a name change.
TV will continue to be called Optik TV

Upupupup

@74.198.150.x
This isn't the first time this has happened.

The reason the name change and merging of products is solely to mask a rate increase of $8 on the old optik Internet packages. What's working is it is confusing people and people still think the service is true fibre optic. When optik became optik there was a higher increase then.

Telus reports it financial info for TV under Telus TV and doesn't distinguish between optik or satellite tv.

The V2000 doesn't have "awesome new hardware choices"...