All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tee el cee
join:2010-01-30
Colts Neck, NJ

tee el cee

[Anveo] newbie here -- test a simple voicemail only callflow?

My goal is to port a number to anveo Personal Unlimited which has free porting. I have a simple call flow: Start -> Goodies -> Voicemail.

Is there a way to test a call flow other than making it live on your line? Ideally I'd like to see how it works before I port the line. (But I don't want to pay for a throwaway line.)

Also, if I do transcription, I still get the WAV file right?

Thanks,
tlc

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg

Premium Member

Re: [Anveo] newbie here -- test a simple voicemail only callflow

I don't have a DID with anveo, but when I was playing with novice call flows, there was a "validator" that checked the call flow for -- what -- "logic?" Will that help?

(Can you verify that the free port-in is still valid at this time?)
grand total
join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total

said by brg:

It is, until April 30.
grand total

grand total to tee el cee

to tee el cee
said by tee el cee:

Is there a way to test a call flow other than making it live on your line? Ideally I'd like to see how it works before I port the line. (But I don't want to pay for a throwaway line.)

Does your account have a non-zero balance?

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to grand total

Premium Member

to grand total
said by grand total:

said by brg:

It is, until April 30.

er, April 1st - I just checked their web page & LOA form.

»www.anveo.com/faq.asp?co ··· d_portin

However, they have extended it 3 or 4 times already....
Davesnothere

Davesnothere to tee el cee

Premium Member

to tee el cee
said by tee el cee:

My goal is to port a number to anveo Personal Unlimited which has free porting. I have a simple call flow: Start -> Goodies -> Voicemail.

Is there a way to test a call flow other than making it live on your line? Ideally I'd like to see how it works before I port the line. (But I don't want to pay for a throwaway line.)....

You will have to set up a temp Anveo number for near where you live, and put enough $$ into the account to pay for it for at least a month.

Then you can test your call flows before asking to do a port-in.

Anyway, I have voicemail running on my Anveo account, and it does work. - It even eMails me an MP3 of each message left.

It would, however, be simpler to use Start -> SIP -> Voicemail , unless some other part of the Goodies matters to you - still, there are multiple ways to get the same thing done for most things in Anveo's call flows.
grand total
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total

said by Davesnothere:

You will have to set up a temp Anveo number for near where you live, and put enough $$ into the account to pay for it for at least a month.

I have a better (cheaper) idea.

Get yourself a free number from somewhere - IPKall, Callcentric, UKDDI, pick one. Forward it to a SIP URI you create in your Anveo (even unfunded) account. The SIP URI drops into a callflow that you create.

I may not be able to recall when the free porting offer ends accurately, but I can test a call flow for free. :-P
anveo
Premium Member
join:2010-02-08

anveo to tee el cee

Premium Member

to tee el cee
The easiest way is to connect SIP/ATA device to Anveo, then create a numeric extension (powered by Call Flow) from 'Anveo PBX' -> 'Extension Numbers' menu and then just dial that extension number from SIP/ATA device...
grand total
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total

said by anveo:

The easiest way is to connect SIP/ATA device to Anveo, then create a numeric extension (powered by Call Flow) from 'Anveo PBX' -> 'Extension Numbers' menu and then just dial that extension number from SIP/ATA device...

Of course you are correct. I have just re-read the OP's objective. I assumed that the OP wanted to ring his phone first then have the call go to voicemail but (s)he did not.
tee el cee
join:2010-01-30
Colts Neck, NJ

tee el cee to grand total

to grand total
said by grand total:

Does your account have a non-zero balance?

Not yet. I kind of wanted to see the concept work before I funded it.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to grand total

Premium Member

to grand total
said by grand total:

....Get yourself a free number from somewhere - IPKall, Callcentric, UKDDI, pick one.

Forward it to a SIP URI you create in your Anveo (even unfunded) account. The SIP URI drops into a callflow that you create.

I may not be able to recall when the free porting offer ends accurately, but I can test a call flow for free. :-P

Yeah, I gotta start playing with the SIP URI stuff soon.

Looks like what you proposed would work.
grand total
Mississauga

grand total

said by Davesnothere:

Looks like what you proposed would work.

Tested before I posted.