share rss forum feed

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium
join:2008-10-22
Mesa, AZ

[D3] Go Home Launcher.. Your Drunk...

Click for full size
Fk'n D3.. I gave them months to get their act together.. spend 3 hours getting the game to install originally. Tried to log in this evening and got the above.. (already opened a ticket)

Blizzard really has turned into the old drunk step father who cannot do anything right anymore.. I am really ready to boycott any new games that come out. Anyone else get an issue close to this recently?

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN

Everyone's playing PoE

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to aelingil

Vista?

Go home computer, you're on LSD.

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium
Mesa, AZ
reply to aelingil

Free OS my friend gave me when my old computer took a crap. *shrugs*

Once this one finally goes, i'm putting Linux as the main partition and running Window in VirtualBox..

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to aelingil

I know how to fix that:

Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Uninstall

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to aelingil

said by aelingil:

Free OS my friend gave me when my old computer took a crap. *shrugs*

Once this one finally goes, i'm putting Linux as the main partition and running Window in VirtualBox..

Until you try to play some video games.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium
Mesa, AZ

If Steam keeps up with their Linux Version.. Most of my games are on there. Minecraft is on my Linux Server, and it is playable on Linux.

The only games i cannot play are my MMO's

VirtualBox has run my Windows computer here at the office will enough through upgrades and game play. Normally i set it to max out my video / ram and close it when i'm done..
--
Aelingil: I need to waste my time, my clients time and another techs time, just to fix a problem with you server & filters?
Tech Joseph: Yes, you are correct.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

What MMOs are you playing? I was able to successfully get WoW to work on Linux Mint.

Linux is closer than it ever was and I don't think we're far off from it getting where we want it to be.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium
Mesa, AZ

I dropped WoW when i learned that there were going to be Pandas... I have accounts for LoTRO, DDO, DCUO, and some others i cannot remember off the top of my head.

I guess i should look at those and see if they are supporting any Linux-type systems..

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

All of those games have people posting success of being able to play them on Linux.

Google any of those games followed by Playonlinux.

It can take some work, but it does work.
--

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium
Mesa, AZ

I'll have to look into it again. Last time i used WINE or PoL every program crashed.. See, now your making me want to re-install on my HD, but i have stuff i have to do this weekend..

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Linux Mint 14. It takes work, but I got WoW working with the use of some forums. Sometimes you need WINE+PoL. Sometimes you can just use the Launcher off of WINE. Sometimes, it takes a little bit more, but when it does fire off, it was as if the OS didn't matter.
--

gaforces
United We Stand, Divided We Fall

join:2002-04-07
Santa Cruz, CA
reply to aelingil

Check your compatibility mode for the d3 .exe, update the motherboard bios and drivers.

Beta nvidia drivers? I would do a CLEAN install of the current retail nvidia driver as well.

Doesnt look to be blizzards or the ms os failure, looks to be user error.
--
Let them eat FIBER!

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium
Mesa, AZ

said by gaforces:

Doesnt look to be blizzards or the ms os failure, looks to be user error.

*grabs chest*

In the heart!! Actually after their last update they fk'd up the auto-detect on the video drivers. A handful of video cards got blacklisted as "no good". If i hit [Esc] it takes me right into the game.. Something i have to deal with until next patch.

The e-mail i got back from there tech-support explained it.
--
Aelingil: I need to waste my time, my clients time and another techs time, just to fix a problem with you server & filters?
Tech Joseph: Yes, you are correct.