All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kasm
join:2008-09-24
Canada

kasm

Rogers ruined my lawn and will not return my calls.

Rogers dug up my lawn and left it in a mess. On Jan 9, I came home in the middle of the afternoon with a crew digging up the easement on either side of the drive way. I am not a Rogers customer but they said the problem was for the folks across the street. They said they would clean it up before they left. Well, they left it in a mess. Pics are below.

I called Rogers the next week and logged a complaint. They said they would get back to me in 48 hours. Well, 72 hours passed so I called back to find out the ticket was closed saying it wasn't an issue. They did this without any communication with me. I escalated to a manager who was very sympathetic, and said she would escalate and I should get a call back within 48 hours from service rep. She said she would also call back to check in with me.

I did not get a call back from the service rep, but did from the manager. She seems surprised that no one called and said they should. That was 2 weeks ago and no communication since.

Three things that bother me:

1) I would expect it to be standard proceedure for Rogers to notify the owner in writing about the work that was done and why and if there will be a follow up. If I hadn't come home in the afternoon, I would have just come home to a messed up lawn without knowing why.

2) I understand that technically the easement doesn't belong to me and that any utility company can work on it without my permission, but I would expect them to return it to it's original condition. If the weather prevents them from doing it immediately, at least put in writing they they will fix it with an estimated date and a number to call if I have questions.

3) I don't appreciate them closing tickets without my agreement nor completely ignoring me without providing a follow up.

Any suggestion on what I can do from here?
morpheus69
join:2006-04-17
canada

morpheus69

Unfortunately that isn't really your lawn, that's the "city" side... and rogers/utils don't have to notify to do work on their boxes etc on that side. Perhaps calling the city could escalate the fix up.
TechChime
join:2012-11-17
Barrie, ON

TechChime to kasm

to kasm
Fuck this, Don't move the excuses around. Time we stand up and fucking blow up Rogers to rubble.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to kasm

Premium Member

to kasm
Normally they will put down new sod in the spring. I have had both Rogers & Bell do that on my front lawn. But both times it was not left in this bad shape, it was pretty much flat.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to kasm

Premium Member

to kasm
they may fix it in the future. Being as it' winter the ground would still be hard so not much they can do to it.

metalhawk
join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON

metalhawk to kasm

to kasm
Dig up their mess and cut the cable. See if the next ones to come by do it properly. If not, repeat.

I am being mostly sarcastic here, but sometimes it seems to be the only way to get those idiots' attention
TechChime
Barrie, ON

TechChime

said by metalhawk:

Dig up their mess and cut the cable. See if the next ones to come by do it properly. If not, repeat.

I am being mostly sarcastic here, but sometimes it seems to be the only way to get those idiots' attention

Now this is what I would have done. Thankfully someone has the understanding of sticking up for yourself.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

And promptly go to jail the both of you for vandalism.
TechChime
Barrie, ON

TechChime

said by OSUGoose:

And promptly go to jail the both of you for vandalism.

Proof?
Janemba
join:2011-03-17

Janemba to kasm

to kasm
So from reading the thread....they didn't really dig up their lawn they dug up property they were allowed to do so. They also seemed to have fixed it within the bounds of the laws that govern such digging. So while it doesn't meet your criteria it doesn't have to as it is not your land.

I understand the complaint but I don't think they are the ones to complain to. It sounds like you need to contact the city and have them impose some sort of corrective action.

Poser
join:2002-07-28

Poser to kasm

to kasm
Take a sledge hammer to that lovely stone next to your driveway, and blame them for tarnishing it.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to TechChime

to TechChime
said by TechChime:

said by metalhawk:

Now this is what I would have done. Thankfully someone has the understanding of sticking up for yourself.

And then Rogers can call the local Police to have you charged with with destruction of public property. Is it worth a stain on your police record over a something this?

Don't get me wrong, Rogers leaving it like that is absolutely disgusting. But the proper route would be take this up with the city since it's their property. The homeowner has a right to be concerned, even if its not their property, it's in front and devalues the overall image of their home.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by TypeS:

And then Rogers can call the local Police to have you charged with with destruction of public property.

Or vandalism. Or criminal mischief.

They'd have to be able to prove it, though if there was a "repeat" (or a few), the odds of being caught would go up significantly.

Dones
join:2008-02-14
Toronto, ON

Dones to kasm

to kasm
Give the local kids a couple of bucks to have fun with it.

atToronto
@distributel.net

atToronto to bt

Anon

to bt
Wow, that is an unsightly mess that should not have been left for you to have to deal with.

They are too big to give a damn. I despise people and companies with that attitude.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to kasm

to kasm
If you are that wound to get upset about a little bit of dug up lawn in the middle of winter, then I wonder how more serious matter might affect you? Chill out. It will be fixed in time. They did exactly what they are allowed to do. Ground restoration is another (or contractor) crew and you won't find anyone doing lawn repairs until April, at the earliest.
Expand your moderator at work