Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to tanzam75

Re: Contract language

I know Verizon used to cripple their phones, AT&T could do the same thing by disabling the Wi-Fi on phones unless there is an active data plan. And it will now be illegal to break those locks under the new DMCA regulations. Like I've said in previous threads, while you may own the physical device, you don't own the software. When I unboxed my MacBook Pro in 2011, I opened the box and the computer itself had a wrapper on it that had a sticker that said "by breaking this seal, you are agreeing to the software licensing agreement".

Knowing how AT&T operates, they might lock the Wi-Fi on smartphones and restrict you to AT&T owned hotspots only. Starbucks and McDonalds have most of the AT&T hotspots.

Read my post below, like I said that many people find out the hard way that they've signed a contract or agreed to terms & conditions without reading them. You'd be surprised at what you agree to. The only exception to the rule is if a minor (child under 18) purchased the phone or someone who has been declared incompetent by a court of law (placed under a guardianship because of mental illness, dementia, etc) and those individuals can void a contract.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.