All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
skyfox31
join:2012-11-10
Dixie, GA

skyfox31 to m12345s

to m12345s

Re: Installed equipment but wont turn on?

Sounds like your getting close to having service. I'm not sure about what's involved in a cutover but if it's what I think it shouldn't take very long. Was your remote a whole new setup or was there already a pots switch there? For me they put the new equipment in next to the old switch then came out and removed the old switch. It's a pretty big box mounted on posts next to a cross box and the new fiber j-box and I would assume everything is tied in or we wouldn't have phone service. I had a 1-31 ready date and now I'm waiting on a new date from manager.
m12345s
join:2010-10-13
Bolivar, MO

2 edits

m12345s

»Broadband Stimulus
Scroll down towards the bottom, those are pictures I took of the new DSLAMs, that first pic is one about 5 miles away, there was nothing there at all in the past, that second pic is one about a mile away, that's the one that's going to give me service, the older fenced in box in the 2nd pic was already there, but they haven't taken it away, did they just recently remove yours? Or did they do that months ago?
skyfox31
join:2012-11-10
Dixie, GA

skyfox31

Our equipment looks nothing like that, however there is a similar setup around the corner but we don't work out of it. Originally we had about a 3x3x5 can on the power pole. Then they installed the fiber and another can identical next to it. About a week after they put in the new can the old one disappeared So we haves pots switch and a dslam in one single cabinet. All of this was done within a month after they started last June. I'm guessing they moved us to VoIP or pots over fiber back to co because voice seems clearer and louder to me.
m12345s
join:2010-10-13
Bolivar, MO

m12345s

Interesting, they must not be using the same kind of remotes everywhere for their stimulus projects. Hopefully you get some good news from your manager soon.