share rss forum feed

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:1
reply to Janemba

Re: 37% Ultra 100 Price increase??

Got the same as you op going from $40 to $55. $59.99 promo to $84.99 starting next month for me. Ouch. They got ya by the nuts and know it. Because if you drop the service and ever want it again. $200 activation fee. Since I have had the service long before they implemented it. I don't need to pay that fee. The next tier down for me is $55.

Internet base: $29.99
Ultra: $55.00

Janemba

join:2011-03-17
said by KoRnGtL15:

Got the same as you op going from $40 to $55. $59.99 promo to $84.99 starting next month for me. Ouch. They got ya by the nuts and know it. Because if you drop the service and ever want it again. $200 activation fee. Since I have had the service long before they implemented it. I don't need to pay that fee. The next tier down for me is $55.

Yup although yours is going up even more when your promo ends, although that is to be expected. I understand an increase after a promo ends but this is just a regular rate increase

Chuck_IV

join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

1 edit
reply to KoRnGtL15
said by KoRnGtL15:

Yep, in the same boat as you. Between losing the promo and the price increase, my $100+ bill will jump to over $140 and that's WITHOUT TV. It's either gonna be a new promo for me next month, when the prices go up or I'm done with Charter. Luckily I've got some competition where I am.

I think Charter is going to be in for a rude awakening when people start seeing their price increases. They aren't the only game in town anymore, like they used to be.

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:1

1 edit
In our area. They are the only high speed internet in town. They have a monopoly here. As they have always gone up and never down. They have a pay or you don't attitude. Sadly which seems to be working for them as they never lower the prices. Funny thing is. They don't advertise or push ultra service here at all. I guess between the extremely high price and $200 activation fee. I imagine they don't have to many customers in our area on that plan. Trust me. I would drop Charter in 2 seconds flat if we had a better offering here in our area. $55 for 30mb service is insane. Ultra makes me cry. But, like I said. I avoid the $200 activation fee. Anyone that gets new service with Ultra. Charter should throw in some Vaseline as well. Ultra would have been $69.99 for me. While still high it was not to bad from the promo. But, since it is going from $40 to $55. That is what brought it up to $84.99 that $15 difference. With this new increase. That more then likely means new speed upgrades for the tier. Which I hope is extremely soon. The weenie upload is pathetic. And still no upload channel bonding.