08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA

2 edits

08034016 (banned) to xymox1

to xymox1

Re: [AZ] higher speeds 170/30 but also higher latency and jitter

Yeah i get this mess and am 97 Miles from the HQ of Cox.

To be Honest i cant wait for another Cable provider to come into my area to see who's better them or Cox Communications and speed/prices. This speed increase mess i dont need why not up the CAP from 250 GIG to 400GIG..

I would really love for Google Fiber to come in my area 1gigbit sec for $70.00 i pay that now for 50 download 12 upload POWER BOOST not really the correct speed, its a illusion.

This is my so-called "POWER BOOST TO Germany "illusion speed"

Where everyone gets this 136/50 etc my area got the New UPgrade to 46/10 Oh btw am 97 Miles from Cox HQ

xymox1
Premium Member
join:2008-05-20
Phoenix, AZ
ARRIS SB8200
MikroTik CCR1036-8G-2S+

xymox1

Premium Member

So I tested various servers at Speedtest. Funny how the local ones produce higher ping times and slower speeds... Its all about how they route... I did these tests at 5am which is a times where the net is least loaded. Time of day makes a difference of course.. So for Phoenix the Sandiego server "I2B Networks" produced the best results and was consistent over ten tests..

Scary high numbers..

PinkyThePig
Premium Member
join:2011-05-02
Tempe, AZ

PinkyThePig to 08034016

Premium Member

to 08034016
Well of course you arn't going to get max speeds when connecting to something overseas. But in regards to the cap I've never heard so much as a peep about it even when going way over. I think it's just there for certain markets and as an excuse to possibly bump people to higher tiers.
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Byron, GA

1 edit

08034016 (banned)

said by PinkyThePig:

Well of course you arn't going to get max speeds when connecting to something overseas. But in regards to the cap I've never heard so much as a peep about it even when going way over. I think it's just there for certain markets and as an excuse to possibly bump people to higher tiers.

God you never knew that Cox had caps am confused by your statement?

You think am paying more to go to a higher tier NO way am trying to get rid of Cox as my service provider..

DSL there's so many plans out there unlike in my area for Cable which is a Monopoly i though this was illegal? ever heard of the Baby bells,

LINK
»useconomy.about.com/od/g ··· poly.htm

»amplicate.com/hate/cox-c ··· ications

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by 08034016:

... ever heard of the Baby bells ...

All merged and bought out since the breakup of the original Bell monopoly (AT&T).
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Byron, GA

08034016 (banned)

said by NormanS:

said by 08034016:

All merged and bought out since the breakup of the original Bell monopoly (AT&T).

THe breakup happened because of the Monopoly they had,Get another provider in here that would offer me 105/25 for $ 80.00 bye Cox and that's what they're worried about.

The two cities near me filled out for Google Fiber 1 GIGBIT Sec $70.00 per month.
»fiber.google.com/about/

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by 08034016:

said by NormanS:

said by 08034016:

THe breakup happened because of the Monopoly they had ...Get another provider in here that would offer me 105/25 for $ 80.00 bye Cox and that's what they're worried about.

Actually, it happened with the consent of AT&T. Under their regulated public monopoly status they were prohibited from entering certain markets, such as computers. Instead of fighting in the courts, they consented to the breakup in exchange for removal of that prohibition.

They failed at everything they tried until they were in dire financial straits, when one of their spinoffs, SBC, bought them. Now AT&T is the "parent" of four of the seven Baby Bells, and a monopoly ILEC in 22 states. Verizon is the parent of two of the seven Baby Bells, and a monopoly ILEC in every state originally covered by Bell Atlantic, NYNEX, and GTE. CenturyLink is the parent of US West, and a monopoly ILEC in much of the rest of the nation.

Get another provider in here that would offer me 105/25 for $ 80.00 bye Cox and that's what they're worried about.

Cox, like the other incumbent MSOs, just quotes Alfred E. Neuman: "What? Me worry?"