spc
uniqs
MrMazda86 (banned)
join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON

MrMazda86 (banned)

Re: [DSL] Changing LEC to TekSavvy w/existing DSL

ATTENTION TSI Marc:

This is another example of exactly what I'm talking about. I've posed questions here for TSI as I want an explanation as to why, but apparently, this falls "outside what TekSavvy offers", so it seems their policy is to just IGNORE it.

This is a GREAT way for TekSavvy to piss off customers just like Bell has and make them give you guys the proverbial one-finger salute and take their business elsewhere. This whole shady business of IGNORING your customers has got to stop! I'm not happy and I'm starting to think that there's a reason WHY you guys are so much cheaper than Bell... You get what you pay for... Cheaper service means being IGNORED as a customer, and this is NOT COOL!

(EDIT: Added comment)

Let's also not forget that when I called TekSavvy after having subscribed to a /29 IP Subnet, the only thing I was told was "we don't support that"... If you guys don't offer the support behind the products you sell, why in the hell are you even selling them in the first place?! This is outrageous and is really making me start to re-think my opinion of TekSavvy. Very quickly you guys are starting to categorize yourselves as a cheaper version of BELL... It seems you're pulling all the same BS as them, such as ignoring your customers, and "not supporting" your own products and services. Something needs to be addressed here and FAST!
jyeung
inspiration reality
Premium Member
join:2004-03-30
North York, ON

jyeung

Premium Member

I'm suspecting that business phone isn't offered as Teksavvy is not a CLEC. You'll have better luck with a real CLEC like MTS Allstream, Fibernetics (they offer free business phone with their PBX solutions), etc.

Tek's POTS phone offerings are done via a WLSF arrangement with Bell, not mandated by the CRTC. It is 100% a resold Bell line. There is no LEC change when you port over to Tek. If I recall correctly, WLSF only covered residential phone service. Since it is not regulated, whatever they offer is purely a business agreement between them and Bell.

- Jason

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

+1

Sorry MrMazda86 that it took me so long to answer... I have been super busy...

At the end of the day , POTS is a very difficult product to manage compared to our TekTalk solution which also happens to be an in-house product.

We are aiming towards offering a business solution for TekTalk, but we are not fully there yet. Providing your business phone needs meet our beta test criteria, we may be able to bring you on board on some testing

I will send you a PM by end of day with some further details.

Cheers,

Andre
MrMazda86 (banned)
Kitchener, ON

MrMazda86 (banned)

said by TSI Andre:

+1

Sorry MrMazda86 that it took me so long to answer... I have been super busy...

At the end of the day , POTS is a very difficult product to manage compared to our TekTalk solution which also happens to be an in-house product.

We are aiming towards offering a business solution for TekTalk, but we are not fully there yet. Providing your business phone needs meet our beta test criteria, we may be able to bring you on board on some testing

I will send you a PM by end of day with some further details.

Cheers,

Andre

Now that's an answer.

Although the solution of TekTalk being in the works of being rolled out may sound like a solution, it would not be a workable solution if the numbers had to be changed.

The other issue we would have to deal with is that TekSavvy doesn't offer cable internet in St. George or Brantford, which means that the only option would unfortunately be DSL. This is something that kind of makes me wonder as to whether or not TSI is just being greedy, but sugar coating it to try and hide that from the public.

In light of my recent experience, and my experience in the TekSavvy Direct forum, I am still putting some serious contemplation into taking my business elsewhere on the ground that the business practices that seem to be exercised conflict with that of my personal ethical beliefs.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by MrMazda86:

The other issue we would have to deal with is that TekSavvy doesn't offer cable internet in St. George or Brantford, which means that the only option would unfortunately be DSL. This is something that kind of makes me wonder as to whether or not TSI is just being greedy, but sugar coating it to try and hide that from the public.

In light of my recent experience, and my experience in the TekSavvy Direct forum, I am still putting some serious contemplation into taking my business elsewhere on the ground that the business practices that seem to be exercised conflict with that of my personal ethical beliefs.

We dont offer Cable in those areas because of CRTC related issues... we should be able to offer Cable in those areas soon though.

Why do you automatically jump to nefarious reasons why we do or dont do things? Seems to me in looking at any of your posts we've done nothing but try to help you and respond to your questions as best we could.

In particular I can't help but scratch my head when I read about your ethical dilemma... ?
MrMazda86 (banned)
Kitchener, ON

MrMazda86 (banned)

Perhaps my experiences with Bell have left me with a bit of a bitter mindset with respect to some things. Given a number of personal factors for which I do not have any control over (including certain family issues at the time of posting), sometimes the combination of frustrations, bad experiences (not necessarily with TekSavvy), and the stress I am under may make my mind wonder.

I will not discredit TekSavvy in any way with respect to how previous matters have been handled (such as one that was mentioned in one post), since I do not think that the way they were handled was anything but stellar. I will explain some of these factors (as mentioned above) in just a touch more detail, but would rather they stay private. I think it will go a long way in answering both of your questions.

Lastly, as for the responses that I did receive, I cannot say that there has not been a reasonable effort made by any individual person thus far, however there are some aspects which may need a little discussion, just for some clarification. I think it will prove very useful for a number of things.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

ok. no worries. those are all valid reasons no doubt...

for us, we keep doing our thing and in general we're very open book around here.. most of the time you just need to ask and the answers will come.
MrMazda86 (banned)
Kitchener, ON

MrMazda86 (banned)

Sent.

Hopefully that helps explain a few things. As for the other threads (including one in the TekSavvy Direct), I only want to get to the root of the problem so that it can be fixed. I also realize that depending on the root cause of the issue, that issue may not be within TekSavvy's control.