rstrandb
Howl at the moon
Premium Member
join:2003-04-17
Albany, GA

rstrandb

Premium Member

[GA] Just got 30 Mbs service

My speeds seem to be slow for 30 Mbs service. The tech didn't swap my modem which is an Arris TM602G. To my knowledge it's a Docsis 2 modem and don't I need a Docsis 3 for 30 Mbs service?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

This model is a DOCSIS 2.0 unit, but a swap to a DOCSIS 3.0 unit would not be necessary for the new level of service- albeit, depending on other circumstance, it may help. Have you seen any change in speeds since your upgrade? What results are you seeing on a speedtest?

rstrandb
Howl at the moon
Premium Member
join:2003-04-17
Albany, GA

rstrandb

Premium Member

It wasn't an upgrade. This is the modem I had for phone service. As far as speeds I am only getting about 3000 Kbs down and about 1500 Kbs up. Upload is in line with the 2 Mbs up but my download seeme low.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

IM me your account or phone number and I will look into this.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to MediacomChad

Premium Member

to MediacomChad
said by MediacomChad:

This model is a DOCSIS 2.0 unit, but a swap to a DOCSIS 3.0 unit would not be necessary for the new level of service- albeit, depending on other circumstance, it may help. Have you seen any change in speeds since your upgrade? What results are you seeing on a speedtest?

This is wrong. DOCSIS 3 modem is mandatory for this level of service. Yes I know DOCSIS 2 modem can provide this speed.

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan

Premium Member

The only time, I would recommend a DOCSIS 2 modem is when using that intro 3 mb service

Anon1
@mchsi.com

Anon1

Anon

I have a DOCSIS 2.0 modem (RCA 425) I have no issues with speeds, I get a constant 28MB download with it. And I am on a 15MB plan.