join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to PinkyThePig

Re: Signing for contracts

said by PinkyThePig:

Is it even legal to sign them up for something without their permission? If I were this guy I would pay my bill with a credit card then charge back the data charge portion as that was never agreed upon when signing up. I'm curious as to how AT&T would handle that whether they would cancel the whole thing, charge some rediculous ETF or some other wonky setup.

EDIT: Forgot to add that he should check the original service agreement he signed and see if it talks about adding additional charges for data if using a certain phone

This is from the AT&T subscriber agreement:

6.3 What Are The Voice And Data Plan Requirements?
A voice plan is required on all voice-capable Devices, unless specifically noted otherwise in the terms governing your plan.
An eligible tiered pricing data plan is required for certain Devices, including iPhones and other designated Smartphones. Eligible voice and tiered pricing data plans cover voice and data usage in the U.S. and do not cover International voice and data usage and charges. If it is determined that you are using a voice-capable Device without a voice plan, or that you are using an iPhone or designated Smartphone without an eligible voice and tiered data plan, AT&T reserves the right to switch you to the required plan or plans and bill you the appropriate monthly fees. In the case of the tiered data plan, you will be placed on the data plan which provides you with the greatest monthly data usage allowance. If you determine that you do not require that much data usage in a month, you may request a lower data tier at a lower monthly recurring fee.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.