All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

Zzz

A whole 2 cities, what an accomplishment for a 250 Billion dollar company.
axus
join:2001-06-18
Washington, DC

axus

More than Verizon has done in the last year.
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT

tired_runner to ITALIAN926

Premium Member

to ITALIAN926
This cherry picking is no different than what Verizon did with FiOS before they stopped deploying.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to ITALIAN926

to ITALIAN926
Its also a company that hasn't done anything like this before.

ITALIAN926

ITALIAN926 to axus

to axus
Youre kidding right? Who do you think has passed more houses in the last year, Verizon or Google? Verizon is STILL passing tons of houses PER DAY with fiber in order to fulfill their TV franchise agreements.
ITALIAN926

ITALIAN926 to tired_runner

to tired_runner
They have not stopped "deploying" they are still building out.
talz13
join:2006-03-15
Avon, OH

talz13

Where?

jnffarrell1
@comcast.net

jnffarrell1 to ITALIAN926

Anon

to ITALIAN926

Re: Cherry Picking

By stirring up local civic organizations to break the last mile monopoly, Google showed that Gbit/sec fiber is a local issue that is solvable by local means.

If two high rise luxury apartments anywhere mobilize the clout of their owners Association, they can get Gbits/sec to every one of their home-offices.

Let's not make a federal case out of MDs wanting MRIs shipped to them as needed or when needed. It's not about cherry picking its about not letting ATT lobbyists get their cotton pickin' hands in my business.
TechnoGeek
join:2013-01-07

TechnoGeek to talz13

to talz13

Re: Zzz

Excellent question.

Care to answer Italian? Or do you just prefer Google bashing without facts.

ITALIAN926

ITALIAN926

They have like a hundred franchise agreements to fullfill all around the country, including NYC, that is STILL considered deploying, is it not? Last month Verizon ran fiber by my brothers house.
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72 to ITALIAN926

to ITALIAN926
Verizon passed my house 3 years ago, and I signed up. So now I pay about $120 for 2-play and 25/25 and only a cablecard. A decent deal nonetheless.

I would drop them in an instant if I could get GOOGs slick DVR a free Nexus 7, and 1GB symmetrical for the same price though and I'm sure I'm not alone. However I think Google can easily go into cities passed over by Verizon (like my own Buffalo) and keep TW in check. TBH I don't know if they could actually turn a profit unless they nabbed a lot of the businesses.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy w/ my service--but value compared to what GOOG is offering doesn't come close.

A matter of fact in the last few weeks FIOS is staring to feel like good ol' Time Warner and I am starting to see slowdowns in streaming (Amazon/Netflix) sucking wind at night. I haven't been able to stream Netflix error free in the last 4 nights and that NEVER happened before.

This brings me back to the conversation I had w/ a Verizon rep a month ago when she said my line was "dedicated" and I laughed. I tried to explain to her how the PON technology worked and splicing, but that seemed to be too much technical mumbo jumbo for her to handle.

I also know it's not netflix, because on my same Ipad I switched off wifi (FIOS) and went onto Verizon LTE and voila no problems. And no it isn't wifi, because it sucks wind on my xbox too. Comically enough (or not) LTE is clear sailing
AlfredNewman6
join:2010-03-25
Columbus, OH

AlfredNewman6 to ITALIAN926

to ITALIAN926
There have been several articles by Karl stating Verizon had stopped deploying FIOS in addition areas, here is another article stating the samething - »www.niemanwatchdog.org/i ··· ndid=631 -

ITALIAN926

ITALIAN926

They are STILL running fiber, and installing new FiOS HUBS. This qualifies as new FiOS DEPLOYMENT. Would it be nice if they expand to NEW towns/cities? Of course. Im simply saying they DID NOT HALT ALL DEPLOYMENT, and saying that they stopped, is a flat-out lie.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to elefante72

Premium Member

to elefante72
said by elefante72:

Verizon passed my house 3 years ago, and I signed up. So now I pay about $120 for 2-play and 25/25 and only a cablecard. A decent deal nonetheless.

I would drop them in an instant if I could get GOOGs slick DVR a free Nexus 7, and 1GB symmetrical for the same price though and I'm sure I'm not alone. However I think Google can easily go into cities passed over by Verizon (like my own Buffalo) and keep TW in check. TBH I don't know if they could actually turn a profit unless they nabbed a lot of the businesses.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy w/ my service--but value compared to what GOOG is offering doesn't come close.

A matter of fact in the last few weeks FIOS is staring to feel like good ol' Time Warner and I am starting to see slowdowns in streaming (Amazon/Netflix) sucking wind at night. I haven't been able to stream Netflix error free in the last 4 nights and that NEVER happened before.

This brings me back to the conversation I had w/ a Verizon rep a month ago when she said my line was "dedicated" and I laughed. I tried to explain to her how the PON technology worked and splicing, but that seemed to be too much technical mumbo jumbo for her to handle.

I also know it's not netflix, because on my same Ipad I switched off wifi (FIOS) and went onto Verizon LTE and voila no problems. And no it isn't wifi, because it sucks wind on my xbox too. Comically enough (or not) LTE is clear sailing

Why are you assuming the Netflix slowdown was because of FiOS?
aaronwt

aaronwt to elefante72

Premium Member

to elefante72
said by elefante72:

Why are you assuming the Netflix slowdown was because of FiOS?