spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dcorwin822

join:2012-03-21

wireless point to point advice

Hey, I need some advice on getting a point to point or point to multi point set up created. I volunteer my time and donate to a local camp that I've been involved with for a long while. They finally got internet a few years ago but a lot of there purchasing is at two remote buildings. I would love to be able to get internet to said two buildings.

All I know is that the trees a are fairly dense and getting above them is next to impossible. There is some variance in height as well. I was thinking of picking up a pair of these to blast thru the trees:

»www.wlanparts.com/product/ROCKET···agi.html

I'm looking also for any other suggestions. My over all goal is to stay under $1200.

here's a google maps pic with things marked.

LLigetfa

join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON
kudos:1

said by dcorwin822:

I was thinking of picking up a pair of these to blast thru the trees:

Why not just run a cable down to the water's edge where you can have clear line of sight?
--
Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it. -- Stephen Vizinczey

dcorwin822

LOS would be tough as the AP would need to be out in the water. NLOS connectivity might be possible. Plus I would like network access in the building in-between.

jcremin

join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI
kudos:2
reply to dcorwin822

Do you have access to a trencher? Another option would be to buy a few pre-made fiber cables, drop them in the ground, and hook up some media converters.

Otherwise, I'm guessing 900mhz is going to be your best bet.

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
reply to dcorwin822

looks like if you can get it to the middle location the link to the further one would be easier. How far is it from A to B excluding C?
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

dcorwin822

~.18mi from top left to bottom right.

Expand your moderator at work