uniqs
« Hurry Up Dangit!
This is a sub-selection from Zzz

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926 to axus

to axus

Re: Zzz

Youre kidding right? Who do you think has passed more houses in the last year, Verizon or Google? Verizon is STILL passing tons of houses PER DAY with fiber in order to fulfill their TV franchise agreements.
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72

Verizon passed my house 3 years ago, and I signed up. So now I pay about $120 for 2-play and 25/25 and only a cablecard. A decent deal nonetheless.

I would drop them in an instant if I could get GOOGs slick DVR a free Nexus 7, and 1GB symmetrical for the same price though and I'm sure I'm not alone. However I think Google can easily go into cities passed over by Verizon (like my own Buffalo) and keep TW in check. TBH I don't know if they could actually turn a profit unless they nabbed a lot of the businesses.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy w/ my service--but value compared to what GOOG is offering doesn't come close.

A matter of fact in the last few weeks FIOS is staring to feel like good ol' Time Warner and I am starting to see slowdowns in streaming (Amazon/Netflix) sucking wind at night. I haven't been able to stream Netflix error free in the last 4 nights and that NEVER happened before.

This brings me back to the conversation I had w/ a Verizon rep a month ago when she said my line was "dedicated" and I laughed. I tried to explain to her how the PON technology worked and splicing, but that seemed to be too much technical mumbo jumbo for her to handle.

I also know it's not netflix, because on my same Ipad I switched off wifi (FIOS) and went onto Verizon LTE and voila no problems. And no it isn't wifi, because it sucks wind on my xbox too. Comically enough (or not) LTE is clear sailing

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by elefante72:

Verizon passed my house 3 years ago, and I signed up. So now I pay about $120 for 2-play and 25/25 and only a cablecard. A decent deal nonetheless.

I would drop them in an instant if I could get GOOGs slick DVR a free Nexus 7, and 1GB symmetrical for the same price though and I'm sure I'm not alone. However I think Google can easily go into cities passed over by Verizon (like my own Buffalo) and keep TW in check. TBH I don't know if they could actually turn a profit unless they nabbed a lot of the businesses.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy w/ my service--but value compared to what GOOG is offering doesn't come close.

A matter of fact in the last few weeks FIOS is staring to feel like good ol' Time Warner and I am starting to see slowdowns in streaming (Amazon/Netflix) sucking wind at night. I haven't been able to stream Netflix error free in the last 4 nights and that NEVER happened before.

This brings me back to the conversation I had w/ a Verizon rep a month ago when she said my line was "dedicated" and I laughed. I tried to explain to her how the PON technology worked and splicing, but that seemed to be too much technical mumbo jumbo for her to handle.

I also know it's not netflix, because on my same Ipad I switched off wifi (FIOS) and went onto Verizon LTE and voila no problems. And no it isn't wifi, because it sucks wind on my xbox too. Comically enough (or not) LTE is clear sailing

Why are you assuming the Netflix slowdown was because of FiOS?
aaronwt

aaronwt to elefante72

Premium Member

to elefante72
said by elefante72:

Why are you assuming the Netflix slowdown was because of FiOS?
« Hurry Up Dangit!
This is a sub-selection from Zzz