A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

Here's How Hackers Could Have Blacked Out the Superdome ...

»gawker.com/5981590/heres-how-hac···ly-didnt from »www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/158702 ...

"Beyonce and voodoo have been ruled out as potential culprits in the bizarre 33-minute blackout during last night's Super Bowl. But what about hackers? It took just a few minutes after the lights went out in the Superdome for hackers to begin hinting they had something to do with it. "#TangoDown Superbowl XLVII," tweeted the most popular Twitter account of the hacktivist collective Anonymous. It's an outlandish claim and almost certainly a troll. But it's possible, and here's how it might have happened.

To be clear, there's no reason to suspect hackers are to blame for the blackout according to Entergy, the power company that supplies electricity to the Superdome. "We haven't seen anything at this time to..."
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Steve
I know your IP address
Consultant
join:2001-03-10
Foothill Ranch, CA
kudos:5

1 recommendation

Can new-topic posters please check their own topics so that broken HTML encoding don't junk up the topic list?

CovMac
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Covington, LA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to antdude

Re: Here146;s How Hackers Could Have Blacked Out the Superdome .

I think if it had been hackers, they would have blacked out the whole stadium instead of just half.

IMHO, I think it was Sean Payton getting his revenge on Goodell
--
Mac

DownTheShore
Honoring The Captain
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:14
reply to antdude
I think it much more likely that the extraordinarily high-energy-using half-time show plus the ongoing electrical draw for the operation of a fully-packed dome was the cause.

Ya plug too many things into the socket, it's going to blow...

beerbum
Premium
join:2000-05-06
Reading, PA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to antdude
»www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-0···ack.html

Entergy Corp. has ruled out a cyberattack as a cause of the blackout that interrupted the Super Bowl.

“After a thorough and extensive review of our equipment and operating systems, Entergy has ruled out the possibility of the power outage being caused by a cyber event,” Michael Burns, a spokesman for New Orleans-based Entergy, said today in a telephone interview.

fyi..

chrisretusn
Retired
Premium
join:2007-08-13
Philippines
kudos:1
Reviews:
·PLDT
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to antdude
Carbon Credits.

[Entergy had agreed in advance to donate carbon credits, or investments in carbon-capture projects, to offset the carbon emissions caused by that energy use—3.8 million pounds of carbon dioxide emissions—as part of a wide-ranging "greening" effort around the game]

What Caused the Superdome's Super Bowl Blackout?
--
Chris
Living in Paradise!!