Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Anaron

join:2005-01-28
North York, ON
reply to notme1987

Re: CABLE 28 after Agg

Keep in mind that 35/3 from Rogers will cost you $64.99/month. TekSavvy will have 35/3 for $46.95/month for all their customers in a Rogers area by November 2013 (assuming the pricing for aggregated is the same for disaggregated).
--
Formerly known as section32

komi

join:2011-07-08
North York, ON
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe

Just called Rogers and inquired about Extreme, as a former subscriber ( right now with TSI 18/.5)
Surprise! Extreme 35/3, 200GB cap $45 +HST, rental modem included good for 8 years...
What should I do? I can wait for TSI to upgrade their POIs, but I also need a new modem for that. So more than $100 and at least 6 mo to wait... Tough decision.

Perma

join:2011-12-20

If you can get that deal I say go for it, but I'm HIGHLY skeptical that Rogers would provide that.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

1 edit

said by Perma:

If you can get that deal I say go for it, but I'm HIGHLY skeptical that Rogers would provide that.

No, Rogers has it. We've been talking about it in the Rogers forum for some time now. It expired at the end of January but it looks like it's been reactivated. Don't know if it applies to current Rogers customers.

»[Extreme] Extreme 30 down 10 up 500 Gigs Bandwidth $51.99

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:19
reply to komi

said by komi:

Extreme 35/3, 200GB cap $45 +HST, rental modem included

Very nice.

said by komi:

good for 8 years...

Huh? What does that even mean? I wouldn't recommend counting on that, but why are they offering it, very strange.
--
electronicsguru.ca

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

said by Teddy Boom:

said by komi:

good for 8 years...

Huh? What does that even mean? I wouldn't recommend counting on that, but why are they offering it, very strange.

Means the price is guaranteed for 8 years. No contract. You Tek boys are in luck.

The Dark Side awaits your return.............

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON

said by elitefx:

Means the price is guaranteed for 8 years. No contract.

8 years is an awfully long time... If I believed they were really going to honour that, I'd say it is a pretty good deal.

Anyway, could you please link the thread at the Rogers forum.
--
electronicsguru.ca

Scycotic

join:2012-12-10

There's a thread at the RFD forum too: »forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers-e···1290815/

I'm also skeptical of the 8 years though. In the past Rogers would usually say something like "20% off," which didn't really mean much when they would increase the prices every 6 months...

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
Toronto, ON

That RFD thread certainly confirms the deal.. And it is pretty good, overall. I wouldn't say it is a lot better than Teksavvy/Start/Acanac offers, but it is at least competitive, and better for some people.

People considering it need to pay close attention to these experiences though:
»forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers-e···16209744
»forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers-e···16208615
--
electronicsguru.ca

camelot

join:2008-04-12
Whitby, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Scycotic

Highly, highly skeptical of an 8-year offer. Because Rogers always makes promises to customers- and keeps them...

If it's an 8 year term, I'd want the terms clearly printed out to me, and signed by an executive. Any CSR can promise you the world...they'll even come over an wash your car

I call BS.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

Maybe competition is heating up?

I think Rogers is trying to get people away from TekSavvy and others by promising something that seems like a good deal. At some point, Rogers will then offer other customers some really good deal, such as way more usage, to get these people off of this 8 year plan. Something like 75Mbps/25Mbps with 450GB usage for $54.99.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

said by J E F F:

to get these people off of this 8 year plan.

There is no 8 year plan.