Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan to me1212

Premium Member

to me1212

Re: Farmers "need" broadband?

And living in Orange County or New York City is "overpriced". You can have a dirt cheap house with dirt cheap taxes and expensive Interwebz or a zillion dollar house, sky high taxes and cheap Interwebz. Welcome to the world of opportunity cost.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

Dirt cheap taxes? You live in a bubble if you think that is the case. There is nothing cheap about paying taxes on all the land you own, which is usually quite a lot. A lot of farmers are taking out loans after last drought year.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Yes, dirt cheap taxes. You want to talk about business taxes in farm states vs California or New York? LOL. Try paying California property tax on a building in Irvine or even farmland in Irvine. Large properties here lease for several dollars a foot and have assessed values in the tens upon tens of millions. Mid-west governments are pikers when it comes to raping taxpayers. The property tax on my SRF is nearly $10K and I'm on a 1/2 acre and this is in addition to 8% sales tax, 10.5% state income tax, .36/gal gas tax...tax tax tax tax.

If you aren't utilizing your property, then you aren't a farmer, you are a landowner.