Want to go back to Iowa
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

Good riddance

I think Charter may be on the brink of collapse. A few years ago, Charter had to file chapter 11 bankruptcy and almost ended up in chapter 7 liquidation. I would actually like to see Charter go out of business as I live in an area that is dominated by Charter and Comcast (fortunately I'm on the Comcast side of the Ludlow bridge) and many of the locals who've dealt with both Charter and Comcast say Charter is worse. I'd like to see either Time Warner or Mediacom come to town. Time Warner has better support while Comcast has better technology.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

anon anon

@charter.com

They came out of that and their stock is but over 30% in the last year. They have made heavy investments in infrastructure in the last couple of years. They have just recent sign several retrans agreements. Doesn't could like a company abut to fold or be taken over. If you are about to sell yourself you don't make retrans agreements that span several years and cost millions of dollars. Especially if you selling to somone like TWC which already has said agreements so these retrans agreements are not necessary.

As I said Cox is a private company. ZERO stockholders. It would be very easy to sell out to Charter.

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO
reply to IowaCowboy

I believe charter just recently had their first profitable quarter since they have been in existence. If I recall correctly they went at least 8 years without a single profitable year.

So yeah... Charter has always been on the brink of collapse.

Qumahlin
Never Enough Time
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-05
united state
reply to anon anon

Um you do know Cox has way way way more money than Charter right? Cox's automotive holdings alone are massive plus they just formed the ATG group under Autotrader (which they own)

Charter can't even begin to afford Cox. Also you don't seem to understand how companies work. Private companies still have stock. I have stock in my current private employer