Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lorennerol
Premium
join:2003-10-29
Seattle, WA

Daily max throughput per interface?

I'm wondering if there is a way to measure Internet bandwidth used/day and throttle the connection if the allocation is exceeded.

i.e. LAN1 is allowed 500 MB per day at full speed. After 500 MB, the Internet throughput is throttled to 56kB.

Speed resets to normal and counters to 0 at midnight or 2:00 AM.

JPedroT

join:2005-02-18
kudos:1

Or if you got cash to spend

»www.proceranetworks.com/

2 posts with the same answers
--
"Perl is executable line noise, Python is executable pseudo-code."

Brano
I hate Vogons
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
kudos:10
reply to lorennerol

Not with USG. You can limit bandwidth, you can even change the limits (schedule) but on time triggers only, not on volume.

lorennerol
Premium
join:2003-10-29
Seattle, WA

said by Brano:

Not with USG. You can limit bandwidth, you can even change the limits (schedule) but on time triggers only, not on volume.

Bummer. This would be a really nice feature to add.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:4
reply to lorennerol

Can something like this be a viable or feasible programming addition. How hard would it be for the router to do this?
All it would need to do is for a set time limit (already handles time), keep a rurrning tab of total throughput up-down both, for either an IP, or perhaps lan, and when hit a certain admin set limit, close the IP down or maybe a whole lan. Its not going to take much storage or programming I dont think. Seems simple, what am I missing???
--
Ain't nuthin but the blues! "Albert Collins".
Leave your troubles at the door! "Pepe Peregil" De Sevilla. Just Don't Wifi without WPA, "Yul Brenner"

LlamaWorks Equipment

Anav
Premium
Dartmouth, NS
reply to JPedroT

said by JPedroT:

Or if you got cash to spend

»www.proceranetworks.com/

2 posts with the same answers

Oh you like things that come in pairs eh?
Hmm he muses, should I possibly encur the wrath of a mod, who has severe hangups or do I go for broke and titillate the thread...

Okay I will avoid controversy and leave it a pair of rattan sticks, so that I can give you a body massage LOL.
--
Ain't nuthin but the blues! "Albert Collins".
Leave your troubles at the door! "Pepe Peregil" De Sevilla. Just Don't Wifi without WPA, "Yul Brenner"

LlamaWorks Equipment

Anav
Premium
Dartmouth, NS
reply to lorennerol

Luv the title, just glad were not in the bodily functions forum. ;-0

JPedroT

join:2005-02-18
kudos:1
reply to Anav

said by Anav:

Can something like this be a viable or feasible programming addition. How hard would it be for the router to do this?
All it would need to do is for a set time limit (already handles time), keep a rurrning tab of total throughput up-down both, for either an IP, or perhaps lan, and when hit a certain admin set limit, close the IP down or maybe a whole lan. Its not going to take much storage or programming I dont think. Seems simple, what am I missing???

It most likely could be added to the DPI functionality with minor effort.
Should not be a very big extra penalty on the CPU usage, but will require some memory usage.
--
"Perl is executable line noise, Python is executable pseudo-code."

Anav
Premium
Dartmouth, NS

Thanks, that was my inkling as well.