nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave to amaurib

MVM

to amaurib

Re: [Southeast] Daytona Beach, FL - Volusia FIOS availability

FiOS will not be expanded outside of the greater Tampa/St. Pete area in FL....Verizon doesn't have any service areas in other parts of FL.
amaurib
join:2013-02-06
Deland, FL

amaurib

That's another reason to move back to NY/NJ area.

Mind if I ask you why they wont expand?

buckingham
Doylstown Pa
Premium Member
join:2005-07-17
Buckingham, PA

buckingham

Premium Member

said by amaurib:

1) VZ only would have "expanded" in to areas that they are already the incumbent local carrier. There has only been a limited exception in the DFW area of TX to that and maybe one place in CA if my memory is serving correctly
2) VZ has stated that they are not going to deploy any more FiOS other than in areas they have already started. There concentration going forward appears to be LTE wireless
lijacobs
join:2010-07-30
Woodmere, NY

lijacobs to amaurib

to amaurib
said by amaurib:

That's another reason to move back to NY/NJ area.

Verizon is now being run by Lowell McAdam, who previously was head of the wireless side of the business. The thrust of VZ's business plan recently is to invest only in the unregulated, non-union wireless business where they can make oodles of money on overpriced data plans and SMS. To this day, I don't believe VZ has yet seen a return on it's investment in FiOS. Recently VZ has been slowly divesting it's assets in the wired business. Any new investment in delivering content and internet to residences will be via wireless technology.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

FiOS has made a profit for at least 3 years....
lijacobs
join:2010-07-30
Woodmere, NY

lijacobs

said by nycdave:

FiOS has made a profit for at least 3 years....

Thanks for the clarification.