darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

[Sci-Fi] [Rumor] Jericho revival on Netflix?

I wouldn't take too much stock in this but it was a fun read

»screenrant.com/jericho-season-3-netflix
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

mareastrum

join:2006-09-10
Saint Louis, MO

Seeing as Netflix just premiered House of Cards, also has Lilyhammer and is doing another season of Arrested Development, if these do well, then I don't see why not. A lot is going to depend on how well the other original programming does as far as ratings.

pb5k
Can't Triforce
Premium
join:2005-11-16
Glendale, AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to darcilicious

I would love to see Jericho return, but I agree, it's unlikely to happen. I think their only real option would be a reboot, since as the article mentions, a direct continuation would be problematic.

Netflix can bring back a cancelled series here and there, but ultimately the only real way to build their identity as a network(?) is with original programming.
--
"I'm just a human being trying to make it in a world that is very rapidly losing its understanding of being human." - John Trudell

Lazarus
Slavin Away
Premium
join:2002-06-18
Dickinson, ND

Or if they can get the rights and most or some of the actors from some series that got cancelled waay to early.....they could build on that.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to darcilicious

Jericho has been rebooted, it's called Revolution.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

1 recommendation

said by elwoodblues:

Hahahahahah!

Uh, no
--

Gwen

@sbcglobal.net
reply to mareastrum

Well the nice thing about Netflix is that they don't have to depend on ratings. They know exactly how many members watch their shows. In fact it was the high viewing of Jericho that prompted Netflix to approach CBS about bringing back Jericho.

mareastrum

join:2006-09-10
Saint Louis, MO
reply to elwoodblues

Ha! I should have seen that coming. Sadly it's true, and I got sucked in. I sort of felt a bit meh at the end of the season.

I would be happy to see this come back. Hell, I'd be happy to see Firefly come back too.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

Yeah, and the characters have become bitches instead of bad asses.

Jericho is an excellent candidate for netflix. Most of the actors aren't doing anything else. Unlike firefly where every character got a big role in another show.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to darcilicious

What I find interesting, is that because of Arrested Development, yet another actor is speaking up.

»www.blastr.com/2013-2-7/how-wash···l-happen

quote:
How Wash would bring back Firefly (and how he thinks it'll happen)

So does Alan Tudyk think Firefly should come back? Duh, of course!

Just because Tudyk's affable everyman met his grisly demise on the sharp end of a leaf on the wind doesn't mean he's against the show making a big comeback. Quite the contrary, in fact. The man who once was Wash thinks it's nigh on inevitable. His reasoning is more than just that fans love it or that Joss and Fillion are still game, it's because he thinks there's a business model that would make it work. That model? Netflix. And he sites critical darling Arrested Development as proof.

Which would be interesting if they were able to do something like that.

--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state

said by Snakeoil:

What I find interesting, is that because of Arrested Development, yet another actor is speaking up.

»www.blastr.com/2013-2-7/how-wash···l-happen

quote:
How Wash would bring back Firefly (and how he thinks it'll happen)

So does Alan Tudyk think Firefly should come back? Duh, of course!

Just because Tudyk's affable everyman met his grisly demise on the sharp end of a leaf on the wind doesn't mean he's against the show making a big comeback. Quite the contrary, in fact. The man who once was Wash thinks it's nigh on inevitable. His reasoning is more than just that fans love it or that Joss and Fillion are still game, it's because he thinks there's a business model that would make it work. That model? Netflix. And he sites critical darling Arrested Development as proof.

Which would be interesting if they were able to do something like that.

I want to believe...

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

As I was writing that, I was thinking "It'd be kool, if Netflix was able to produce a wrap up or reboot of some former hot shows.

Shows like X files,
Mission Impossible [The TV series, not the over the top violent movies].
Farscape
Firefly
Millenium
The Pretender
John Dough
Brimstone
Reaper
Chuck

They could even be one shot, low to medium budget affairs.

--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

Tee hee, it was John Doe (as in an unknown male body) not Dough, as in the Pillsbury Dough-boy

And add Journeyman to the list though unfortunately Kevin McKidd is completely tied up on Gray's Anatomy.
--

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

Ya, I was half asleep as I typed that list. It would be nice to see a one shot wrap up of Journeyman, or even a continuation of it.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44
reply to darcilicious

I was going to cancel netflix as amazon prime video has more of what I like to watch.

I will wait to see how this plays out.
I would keep netflix just for S3 of Jericho.

FYI for those that dont know Jericho was continued in comic book form for Seasons 3 and 4 right off where the TV show ended.
Its not the same experience, but it gives more of the story.
Just search for it.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
reply to darcilicious

said by darcilicious:

And add Journeyman to the list though unfortunately Kevin McKidd is completely tied up on Gray's Anatomy.

I broke my rule not to get hooked on a brand new series with Journeyman. Of course it was cancelled. I'm not sure it was ever popular enough for Netflix to do a reboot.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR

True. But certainly no less popular than shows like Brimstone

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC
reply to darcilicious

I have one word only for Netflix: "Firefly".

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR

Agreed that would be awesome; but with at least two of the actors signed on to two series currently, it seems like it would be logistically very hard...
--

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to darcilicious

Actually bringing Firefly back with the full crew would not be impossible. I have not watched Serenity in awhile, But has it been stated how long after the final episode of Firefly that the movie takes place?

I would have loved to see an episode that touched a bit into the past of the characters more. And I think that would have happened if the show had not been killed. Mainly I am still curious about Book, He clearly knew way more about crime and special operations than a preacher should.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

said by Kearnstd:

Actually bringing Firefly back with the full crew would not be impossible.

I didn't say impossible, just very hard.

Mainly I am still curious about Book, He clearly knew way more about crime and special operations than a preacher should.

Yes, I'd love to learn his back story as well!
--

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC
reply to Kearnstd

I agree that not all the characters could be brought back. But enough might be interested to form a new Firefly some years on and add a few new people. The creative possibilities are wide open for a new series of Firefly and build on the platform that was created.