spc
Search similar:

uniqs
BoxerJoe
join:2007-08-14
Hamilton, ON

BoxerJoe

Why can't dealing with Cogeco be easier? Promotions expiring

I have been a customer of Cogeco cable for the past 5 years, I pay bulk Cogeco service fees with my condominium corporation (they are making over 65,000 a year off of us). Our VOD service has rarely if ever worked, always get the regular errors which they tell us is form the system in our area being 'overloaded' so I have a DVR so I can avoid using VOD, and my promo is expiring soon. I was told to call back Jan/Feb which I have done.

Now I am being told that I have to call back March 15 as they can't extend my promotion until then. This is kinda frustrating, I don't want to have to call back over and over again to get my promo extended due to their inability to provide a service in my area. They have no issue pushing home phone or internet on me (both of which I did have but my bandwidth usage was way out of whack compared to what I use at Bell, and the phone kept going down in the middle of the night for maintenance which kept triggering our home alarm which was more than annoying). You would think they would be able to work with customers, telling someone to call back in a little over a month is just silly.

Farchord
Lost somewhere.
join:2004-08-28
Shawinigan, QC

Farchord

Send a PM to Cogeco_Aaron with something to identify your account, I'm sure he'll be able to help you with this, or at least look at the problem more in depth.
BoxerJoe
Hamilton, ON

BoxerJoe

Thanks sent a PM. The other thing that infuriates me is the reps on the phone saying "Well for free cable what do you expect" haha Free cable? 65,000.00 a year isn't free in my books. Done my rant lol
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

said by BoxerJoe:

Thanks sent a PM. The other thing that infuriates me is the reps on the phone saying "Well for free cable what do you expect" haha Free cable? 65,000.00 a year isn't free in my books. Done my rant lol

Which is why those bulk deals with condos can be problematic...
Phorkster
Premium Member
join:2004-06-27
Windsor, ON

Phorkster to BoxerJoe

Premium Member

to BoxerJoe
Nothing easier than dealing with Cogeco like when you tell them to piss off.
BoxerJoe
Hamilton, ON

BoxerJoe to HeadSpinning

to HeadSpinning
I agree, we have been trying to get them to not sign up for bulk cable but they had already done it. 5 year contract too! That's a pretty big chunk of change considering Bell Fibe Internet 25/10 is what we have, and their network implementation tents have been up in our area rolling out FibeTV. I would rather pay for what I want, not this bulk deal stuff.