Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..

1 recommendation

reply to jaykaykay

Re: The 4 most likely reasons you were hacked

So what do you do when you teach them these things and they still screw it up? (Which is many of these cases these days) I refuse to fix my mother's pc because of this and a few others who do the same. Jerking off would be better time spent for me than wiping and reinstalling everything for the upteenth time.
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy

3 recommendations

Frustrating, to say the least. I don't fix anyone else's systems either and have trouble enough keeping my own nose clean these days. The older I get, the more I forget, but I find it terribly sad. After all these years and the things that people can do and have been taught, yes, taught, to do, they still continue treating a computer as if it was a private box, locked away in a private space. It is absolutely the opposite.
--
JKK

Age is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature!

»www.pbase.com/jaykaykay

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

said by jaykaykay:

...After all these years and the things that people can do and have been taught, yes, taught, to do, they still continue treating a computer as if it was a private box, locked away in a private space. It is absolutely the opposite.

An excellent description of the mindset that so often exists! People instinctively take their cue from their situational surroundings, and there is no visible "enemy" or threat in sight when sitting at a computer, usually all by yourself... nor is there likely to be. So, meaningful security is the furthest thing from their minds as they venture forth onto the Internet. Until disaster hits...
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville