share rss forum feed

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to dirtyjeffer

Re: [Weather] Special weather statements ON, NB, NS, NL

said by dirtyjeffer:

yes, a ton of houses have gone up for sale, possibly because of the townhouses going up behind us (not sure).

I am very particular. I want something beside or across from you that will fit all my cars on the front lawn and a canopy over the driveway. Would you have a problem with paint fumes drifting into your house?

Speaking of driving in the snow I got stuck in the end of the driveway. I was too lazy to shovel the snowbank the plow left so I decided to back over it and push it on the street. It didn't work.

Don't try this at home kids.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
peterboro, this is London, not Peterborough...for one, you aren't allowed to park cars on your lawn...secondly, the lots here aren't large enough to fit 20 cars on your front lawn even if you were allowed to do so...your best to stay where you are.

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
said by dirtyjeffer:

peterboro, this is London, not Peterborough...for one, you aren't allowed to park cars on your lawn...secondly, the lots here aren't large enough to fit 20 cars on your front lawn even if you were allowed to do so...your best to stay where you are.

Ummm...for one those cars are religious symbols that I pray to so no bylaw of London is gonna stop me...second, I don't need to get all the cars out front but stacking them 2 or 3 deep will probably get my 15 or so there.... and if not there's the back yard.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to dirtyjeffer
said by dirtyjeffer:

for one, you aren't allowed to park cars on your lawn

You probably are on some level or another, you just don't know it.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
said by Gone:

said by dirtyjeffer:

nope...you'll get fined if you do it.

»www.london.ca/By-laws/PDFs/unaut···king.pdf
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

said by dirtyjeffer:

I'm Clark Griswald in Christmas Vacation and DJ is the uptight yuppies next door Todd and Margo Chester.

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
reply to dirtyjeffer
said by dirtyjeffer:

said by Gone:

said by dirtyjeffer:

»www.london.ca/By-laws/PDFs/unaut···king.pdf

I told you they are religious symbols and Charter protected...besides if humans can worship a nuclear warhead in Planet of the Apes I can worship a car.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to hm
I have a garage, I have seen people add-on gazebo like garages, open air garages, there is a technical term for it, but basically 2 or 3 supports at one side, then attached to either front or side of house. Typical shingle for roof.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
reply to peterboro
said by peterboro:

I told you they are religious symbols and Charter protected...besides if humans can worship a nuclear warhead in Planet of the Apes I can worship a car.

I wanna see the CRA accept your repair bills as "charitable donations".
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
reply to J E F F
said by J E F F:

I have a garage, I have seen people add-on gazebo like garages, open air garages, there is a technical term for it, but basically 2 or 3 supports at one side, then attached to either front or side of house. Typical shingle for roof.

It is called a carport. I have one.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
said by DKS:

said by J E F F:

It is called a carport. I have one.

Yeah, not sure why I couldn't remember that. I never see tempos in this area. I do see people building carports though.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
reply to koira
Well its a dud so far in the Halifax area. I think we have had about 10cm in total so far, the blowing picks up from time to time its 10am. Perhaps were going to get hit later??

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to koira
We had the best ploughing job ever last night. Since I am in the former North York, the ploughs scoop the end of our driveways. They use graders for the ploughing too and the attachment drops down and clears the end of the driveway.

Last night someone was stuck part way out of their driveway so the grader had a hard time and could not get by very well. After making two passes down the street he left. A while later a Miller Paving pickup with a plough on the front shows up. He starts clearing all the driveways. Miller also supplies the graders for ploughing.

The neighbour across the street brings him out coffee. He did a great job in the area. He also piled the snow up off the road better in a few places.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
2 passes!!!1 We're lucky to get one, I'll take a picture from my bedroom window to show what a mess parked cars cause

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
said by elwoodblues:

2 passes!!!1 We're lucky to get one, I'll take a picture from my bedroom window to show what a mess parked cars cause

Once on the right and once on the left. Our ploughing is left over legacy from Mel Lastman.

The extra from the guy in the truck was partially the coffee bribe I am sure.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to dirtyjeffer
said by dirtyjeffer:

It's technically illegal to park on the lawn of every municipality I've ever lived in. I have *never* seen a fine levied for it.

Good luck!

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
said by Gone:

said by dirtyjeffer:

It's technically illegal to park on the lawn of every municipality I've ever lived in. I have *never* seen a fine levied for it.

Good luck!

The bylaw here says you can park 15 cars on your front lawn...as long as they are all currently plated. The GT-R out back has a current plate and sticker and the plate renewal is soon.

The MTO sent a letter and said "No sticker for you" as it doesn't have liability on it right now. Some new government cross reference program with the insurance companies.

The end of my driveway got plowed in at 7am. The neighbour came over without me asking and snowblowed it out. How nice.

mr weather
Premium
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON
reply to Gone
Generally speaking, you'll only get a ticket if someone complains to the city. Bylaw officers dont go looking for stuff like that.

Hell, there's no on-street parking between 3am and 5am around here yet people still do it and in the 12 years I've lived on this road I've only seen them ticketed twice.
--
"It's all coming down!!" - Mike Holmes

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to peterboro
said by peterboro:

The bylaw here says you can park 15 cars on your front lawn...as long as they are all currently plated. The GT-R out back has a current plate and sticker and the plate renewal is soon.

The bylaw here prohibits parking on one's lawn. However, as many people in Fort Erie have narrow single-car driveways and on-street parking is banned in the winter, parking enforcement outright recommends that people park on their front lawn despite its illegality and will not enforce the bylaw when someone like jeffer complains. Lots of people also built little gravel or asphalt pads for their cars on the city-owned boulevard. Again, the town doesn't care and if anyone complains, they're ignored.

said by peterboro:

The end of my driveway got plowed in at 7am. The neighbour came over without me asking and snowblowed it out. How nice.

People do that here, too. It's one of the perks of living in a community that isn't a Potemkin village.

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
said by Gone:

People do that here, too. It's one of the perks of living in a community that isn't a Potemkin village.

Ok, I had to Google that as I thought it had something to do with the dope. I suspect it was in reference to little cookie cutter neighborhoods in the burbs of London full of uptight NIMBY residents. »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potemkin_village

Last Parade

join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON
reply to peterboro
said by peterboro:

said by Gone:

said by dirtyjeffer:

I'm Clark Griswald in Christmas Vacation and DJ is the uptight yuppies next door Todd and Margo Chester.

and why is floor all wet, TODD?
I don't KNOW, MARGO

robman50

join:2010-12-14
Beamsville, ON
reply to koira
The guy on the Saint Catharines radio station said Niagara got 44cm of snow from the storm.
AND there is rain coming in. UH OH! Here comes the flooding.

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
said by robman50:

The guy on the Saint Catharines radio station said Niagara got 44cm of snow from the storm.
AND there is rain coming in. UH OH! Here comes the flooding.

... a flooding from cry babies. St. Catharines typically gets less snow than anyone anywhere else in the Niagara Peninsula, yet they're always the first to engage in hysterics about how bad they need a snow day...

Guy has to call in 'snowed in' for work cause his street hasn't been plowed in a few hours... Meanwhile, some guy in Ridgeway is throwing chains under his tires to get down his street that hasn't been plowed in a week, so he can get to work.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to koira
In case anyone is interested, here's a list of accumulations for Southern and Eastern Ontario, as of 0100h this morning (it was still snowing then in Ottawa): »www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings···?prov=on

robman50

join:2010-12-14
Beamsville, ON
reply to urbanriot
That was me that added the flooding part lol. Some of the roads up in Smithville might get flooded.
Anyway here is the break down of the snow fall.
»www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2013···tharines

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
reply to koira
I see some town in SE New Hampshire got 34 inches of snow.
Logan airport in Boston had just under 22 inches.

FaxCap

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
reply to dirtyjeffer
Ugly house, silly layout and no trees.
The architect must have had some sort of bowel issues, why else would they place the main floor power room in the dead center of the main floor.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

said by dirtyjeffer:

Good luck!

while not a lot of people park cars on their lawns here anyway, the city does fine them...my buddy is a commissionaire and told me they do ticket those offences, when they see them, which isn't very often...the ticket for parking on the boulevard is far more common, as is overnight parking on the street.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
reply to Thane_Bitter
said by Thane_Bitter:

Ugly house, silly layout and no trees.
The architect must have had some sort of bowel issues, why else would they place the main floor power room in the dead center of the main floor.

to be fair, this subdivision is only 8 years old, so it will be a while before there are lots of large trees anywhere around here...also, the bathroom isn't located on the main floor...the main floor appears to be a large "L" shape that wraps around the garage with the kitchen, dining room and family room occupying the floor space for the "L" shape...that boxed in area you are likely referring to is likely the main closet and a pantry for the kitchen...the bathrooms are on the upper floor (main and en suite) and the third will be on the lower level.
--

- George Orwell

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
Ha-ha, your house is the same layout isn't it?

While that use to be farmland there also had been a good sized area of forest which somehow was accidentally felled. Unfortunately the developers are still in charge of this city - explains why each of them just got a shiny Jubilee medal this week.