Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

How I Met Your Mother heads to Canada

»www.thespec.com/whatson/ ··· hamilton

I enjoyed the show and also this article in The Hamilton Spectator after Monday night's episode. It was a classic episode. I saw the next day that Tim's had already released a new donut -- The Priestly, inspired by the show! lol

I think my favourite line was describing Hamilton as "just outside of Guelph." Nice dis to T.O. there!

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

"Behind the Hydro Plant" - classic!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Styvas

Premium Member

to Styvas
Never watched that low brow show, and never will, so I don't care.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

1 recommendation

bt

said by elwoodblues:

Yet you cared enough to comment.
NCRGuy
join:2008-03-03
Ottawa, ON

NCRGuy to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

So, if you've never watched the show, how do you know it's low brow? Especially since it isn't.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

"Behind the Hydro Plant" - classic!

Sudbury represented, thank you Mr. Trebek! ....that's what I got out of it . And I think honey dip is my favourite donut.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to NCRGuy

Premium Member

to NCRGuy
I've seen plenty of promos. There is so much better content out there like, Secret State that aired in the UK.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to nitzguy

Premium Member

to nitzguy
said by nitzguy:

And I think honey dip is my favourite donut.

When I heard Walnut Crunch I couldn't help but laugh. Still, I'm surprised no one said Long John.
Gone

Gone to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

I've seen plenty of promos.

If you're using nothing but 10-15 second network promos as the basis for the opinion of an entire show, that opinion is based on nothing but ignorance.
NCRGuy
Ottawa, ON

NCRGuy to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

I've seen plenty of promos. There is so much better content out there like, Secret State that aired in the UK.

Hey I never said it was the best show in the universe/ There's plenty of good TV, and that includes HIMYM. As Gone said, you're talking out your ass.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Styvas

Premium Member

to Styvas
HIMYM is actually one of the very few US comedies I've enjoyed of late. The Canadian bits have always been great through out the show.

My only beef with it is the canned laughter. I just could never stand it.

noemails
@bell.ca

noemails to NCRGuy

Anon

to NCRGuy
watch corrie street and see who gail is hooking up with !!!!!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
Are you going to tell me you've never read a book that you say after the first few pages and/or first chapter that it sucks?

In case you didn't realize promos are designed to show the "best" of a movie or a TV show, so if those "15 second networks promos" are the best that show can offer, my statement stands.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Invalid comparison, elwood.

Watching a full episode would be the same as reading a chapter. If you had watched an episode or two of the show and came to the conclusion it's not for you, fair enough. People have different tastes.

What you're doing by watching a few 10 second promos during a commercial segment is like opening up a random page of a book and reading the first three words of a random sentence only to come to the conclusion that the entire book sucks.

Promos are designed to catch attention to watch the show just once. More often than not, they will take something completely out of context to catch your attention and watch, only for the actual scene in the show to be nothing like what the promo claims. These promos don't exactly highlight the wittier humour or interpersonal situations that takes more than 10-15 seconds to think about. These more detailed situations are what will bring you as a viewer back, not a new promo each week.

Ergo, as NCRGuy said, you're talking out your ass.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium Member
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

A Lurker to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

You're comparing a US comedy to a UK political thriller. That doesn't quite make sense.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Yet you seem to know all about the Here Comes Honey Boo Boo show though. It's probably due to your crush on the mother.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by nitzguy:

And I think honey dip is my favourite donut.

When I heard Walnut Crunch I couldn't help but laugh. Still, I'm surprised no one said Long John.

LOL I never even thought of Long John until you said it! ....Maybe the writers forgot too?...you should send this in, get yourself an associate writer credit on a future episode?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to A Lurker

Premium Member

to A Lurker
I'm trying to highlight the difference IMO of quality content , the series us riveting btw.
elwoodblues

elwoodblues to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro
The first time i heard of this show was when DJ mentioned in another thread, and I had to google it.

You want over the top? Watch an episode of Doomsday preppers and you'll understand Dark Lobe. I watched one at a friends place once, some people are nuts .
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by elwoodblues:

The first time i heard of this show was when DJ mentioned in another thread, and I had to google it.

I Googled it when DJ mentioned it then when I was channel surfing I stopped on it for 5 minutes. The experience was excruciating and I blame you and DJ.
said by elwoodblues:

You want over the top? Watch an episode of Doomsday preppers and you'll understand Dark Lobe. I watched one at a friends place once, some people are nuts .

Hey!, I like that show. But then I like the Walking Dead and movies like The Road and The Book of Eli.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by peterboro:

said by elwoodblues:

Hey!, I like that show. But then I like the Walking Dead and movies like The Road and The Book of Eli.

Doomsday preppers? Seriously, what's wrong with you? that show is about a batch of nutters in the US preparing for the zombie apocalypse (which imo will come in the form of a civil war).

I watched one episode, where a couple had some 20 tons of food stored! Another couple were "prepping' to live in the sleeper of their tractor trailer (forgetting that there will be a fuel scarcity of course).

This is the Tea Bagger constituency.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium Member
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

A Lurker to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

I'm trying to highlight the difference IMO of quality content , the series us riveting btw.

Yes, but there really is a dearth of decent sitcoms on the air at the moment. Even using the UK system there are almost none that aren't in their first series.

»www.comedy.co.uk/guide/g ··· /sitcom/

(watch if you're looking as some are actually radio programmes)

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

We just finished watching all the available seasons of Doc Martin. Fantastic U.K. show!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to A Lurker

Premium Member

to A Lurker
said by A Lurker:

said by elwoodblues:

Yes, but there really is a dearth of decent sitcoms on the air at the moment. Even using the UK system there are almost none that aren't in their first series.

»www.comedy.co.uk/guide/g ··· /sitcom/

(watch if you're looking as some are actually radio programmes)

For me comedy is hit and miss... and it wears thin very very fast.
I don't needan inserted laugh track to have me laugh, it's either very funny or it's not. Last week i watched 3 episodes of Bob's Burger's in a row, I was in stitches, but then at the same time, others are nowhere near as funny.
elwoodblues

elwoodblues to Styvas

Premium Member

to Styvas
I'm looking forward to watching House of Cards a Netflix original.

Looks absolutely fascinating.

Like I said,there is so much better TV out there then you get with Conventional channels>
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Doomsday preppers? Seriously, what's wrong with you?This is the Tea Bagger constituency.

I'll answer that question when you are trying to claw your way into my bunker.
NCRGuy
Ottawa, ON

NCRGuy to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Like I said,there is so much better TV out there then you get with Conventional channels>

Nothing original about it. It's a knock off of a British series from the early 90s.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

1 edit

elwoodblues to Styvas

Premium Member

to Styvas
[deleted]
And for the record everything is a knock off of something else.
cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently
join:2011-04-19

cog_biz_user to Styvas

to Styvas
Saw the episode, didn't like it. HIMYM goes through these phases where they crank up the zany-scheme dial to 99999999999.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to elwoodblues

MVM

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

No need to wait, it came out Feb 1. If you don't have a Netflix account, the first episode is available without an account, and then Netflix always gives the first month free as a trial period.