Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to peterboro

Re: How I Met Your Mother heads to Canada

said by peterboro:

said by elwoodblues:

You want over the top? Watch an episode of Doomsday preppers and you'll understand Dark Lobe. I watched one at a friends place once, some people are nuts .

Hey!, I like that show. But then I like the Walking Dead and movies like The Road and The Book of Eli.

Doomsday preppers? Seriously, what's wrong with you? that show is about a batch of nutters in the US preparing for the zombie apocalypse (which imo will come in the form of a civil war).

I watched one episode, where a couple had some 20 tons of food stored! Another couple were "prepping' to live in the sleeper of their tractor trailer (forgetting that there will be a fuel scarcity of course).

This is the Tea Bagger constituency.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

I'm trying to highlight the difference IMO of quality content , the series us riveting btw.

Yes, but there really is a dearth of decent sitcoms on the air at the moment. Even using the UK system there are almost none that aren't in their first series.

»www.comedy.co.uk/guide/genre/sitcom/

(watch if you're looking as some are actually radio programmes)

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

We just finished watching all the available seasons of Doc Martin. Fantastic U.K. show!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to A Lurker

said by A Lurker:

said by elwoodblues:

I'm trying to highlight the difference IMO of quality content , the series us riveting btw.

Yes, but there really is a dearth of decent sitcoms on the air at the moment. Even using the UK system there are almost none that aren't in their first series.

»www.comedy.co.uk/guide/genre/sitcom/

(watch if you're looking as some are actually radio programmes)

For me comedy is hit and miss... and it wears thin very very fast.
I don't needan inserted laugh track to have me laugh, it's either very funny or it's not. Last week i watched 3 episodes of Bob's Burger's in a row, I was in stitches, but then at the same time, others are nowhere near as funny.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Styvas

I'm looking forward to watching House of Cards a Netflix original.

Looks absolutely fascinating.

Like I said,there is so much better TV out there then you get with Conventional channels>
--

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

Doomsday preppers? Seriously, what's wrong with you?This is the Tea Bagger constituency.

I'll answer that question when you are trying to claw your way into my bunker.

NCRGuy

join:2008-03-03
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

Like I said,there is so much better TV out there then you get with Conventional channels>

Nothing original about it. It's a knock off of a British series from the early 90s.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in

1 edit
reply to Styvas

[deleted]
And for the record everything is a knock off of something else.

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON
reply to Styvas

Saw the episode, didn't like it. HIMYM goes through these phases where they crank up the zany-scheme dial to 99999999999.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

No need to wait, it came out Feb 1. If you don't have a Netflix account, the first episode is available without an account, and then Netflix always gives the first month free as a trial period.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org