how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

funny0

join:2010-12-22

4 edits

facebook settles

seems facebook settled a case where by peoples images and items had been used by them without permission in such a fashion as to have a class action lawsuit done.

also seems ive been sent a notice by a court that all the tons a imagery and stuffi put up there back a year or so ago ( last time in fact i used the place )
has given me the right to file claim , each image i am told or item is worth 10$ and requires a filing of claim NOW my little question here is why can't i make a claim filing and just list allthe iamges i made and then garner the settlement perimage of 10$

----------below is from the courts notice.
What is the Action about? The Action claims that Facebook unlawfully used the names, profile pictures, photographs, likenesses, and identities of Facebook users in the United States to advertise or sell products and services through Sponsored Stories without obtaining those users' consent. Facebook denies any wrongdoing and any liability whatsoever. No court or other entity has made any judgment or other determination of any liability.

What relief does the Settlement provide? Facebook will pay $20 million into a fund that can be used, in part, to pay claims of Class Members (including Minor Class Members) who appeared in a Sponsored Story. Each participating Class Member who submits a valid and timely claim form may be eligible to receive up to $10. The amount, if any, paid to each claimant depends upon the number of claims made and other factors detailed in the Settlement. No one knows in advance how much each claimant will receive, or whether any money will be paid directly to claimants.
----------
think i put 40 planetary images and a bunch a 3d images i had done over time.... might in all have been like 60-70 images ...bit a work and i dont know how much it costs me to do this and 10$ is hardly worth claiming for all unless it is for each image.

i may put this forward to dslreports so they can do a story of what this is about but it requires a bit of reading and the notice was issued by facebooks legal department which i need to verify.

The person that launched this ,like myself loves doing up images and stuff and sharing to friends BUT this is meant to be FOR friends and not commercial uses WHICH facebook went off and used some of my works , i've even seen george lucas use one of my planet images in a clone wars ....just shows ya how the big boys screw people all the time....

Oh and in passing i never used my real name etc there and i gather to get this settlement i'd have to then give up my actual anonymity the question then becomes is a few hundred bucks worth it......

remove this its just worth 10 bucks
and now you know why i stopped using facebook 2 years ago

Expand your moderator at work

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed

2 edits
reply to Anon

Re: facebook settles

@OP - As of late, i've stopped using FB, they are utilizing my info for far more then i'm comfortable with. I'm not one of the FB haters but i do find it odd many of their motives. I never liked myspace, i enjoyed facebook back in it's earlier days and now it's become too commercial. One of the reasons i disliked the recent Teksavvy contest using facebook but a lot of businesses are moving that direction

To take a few hundred from facebook, you're not giving up your anonymity to anyone but them, not that big a deal. Grab the few hundred and go finish putting more fancy upgrades in your new pc

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3

My information is boring and I'd be excited to see my fun time pictures used in advertising.