Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

2 edits
reply to MaynardKrebs

Re: Cable vs. DSL - which to choose?

said by MaynardKrebs:

Cogeco-Land covers what....5% of Ontario's population??

Nonetheless, I hear you.

It just seems that all network providers (incumbents) aren't getting much, if any, ahead of the demand curve.

I have not researched the accuracy of that 5% stat.

Anyway, given that Cogeco HAS their own separate network and faces the same issues as Rogers, albeit on a smaller scale and over a wider geography, and do a significant amount of their own peering (as well as some for Rogers in the G-GTA, I hear), their network management still seems much better than that of Rogers, and mayhaps Rogers could learn something if they studied Cogeco's topology more, and worried about Bell's BS talking points less.

BTW, Cogeco serves communities of less than 4K pop to cities as large as Kingston or more, and their aggregated POI model seems to be working out just fine, if we use START Communications' partnership with them as an example.

And as usual, by dealing with Indie ISPs, we as consumers get to enjoy a more generous pricepoint with larger monthly usage caps and lesser UBB, as well as to distance ourselves from the politics & BS of whichever incumbent is applicable, which is ALSO an enjoyment in itself.